Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 USING BOW DURING GUN SEASON >

USING BOW DURING GUN SEASON

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

USING BOW DURING GUN SEASON

Old 11-23-2003, 10:14 AM

Default USING BOW DURING GUN SEASON

In OK you are allowed 4 bow tags and I' m on my last one. (never had a season like this one) I' ve shot 2 mature does & 1 nice 6 pointer so far and decided on using a gun tag to save my last bow tag, which is legal here. My friends think I' m completly nuts and can' t figure out why I' d hunt with a bow when I could use a rifle. They just don' t know the feeling I guess. Was wondering if other states are the same and if so how many others out there do the same.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:41 AM
TWC

Default RE: USING BOW DURING GUN SEASON

I believe here in Kansas, we are allowed to use a bow during rifle season. Although, we do have to have blaze orange on. I could be wrong though.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

I can' t wait for gun season to open next weekend. I will be in the archery only areas along with all the deer. If only the gun hunters new where all the deer go.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:20 PM

Here in Mississippi you can bow hunt from Oct. 1 through the end of January. I usually bowhunt the entire time. Most years, the hunting doesn' t even get good until gun season. Prime rut runs from Dec. 15 - Jan. 1.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:57 PM

Long bow season here in MI too 10-1 thru 1-1. Firearm season is 11-15 thru 11-30 and you can use your bow if you got the right license and wear orange. I do bow hunt some in the gun season but I also go out with the shotgun sometimes. I have a buck that hasn' t let me get closer than 50 yds with the bow. Now with the shotgun in hand he has decided not to show up at all. How do they know? I have carried my pistol out in the woods in gun season too but not used it yet but would like to.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I do it all the time. I hunt all muzzleloader seasons with the bow. I may gun hunt a couple days a year... but not much. If I go I take a bow most of the time.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Spike

We' re aloud to hunt here in Pa with our bows, during the rifle season. I have hunted in the past with mine during the " Great Pumpkin Fest" , but anymore I won' t venture out in the bullet flying fest! Cutt
Old 11-23-2003, 08:05 PM

In Illinois bow season is shut down for firearms season with is Nov. 21-23 and second season is Dec. 4-7
Old 11-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

In ND, we can bowhunt during gun season also, as long as we wear the required blaze orange. This year I decided to take my bow on opening morning of rifle season and wound up shooting a nice 10 pt. I' m at the point now where I get so much more out of shooting a deer with my bow than with my rifle.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:19 PM

In Oregon we cant bow hunt during rifle or rifle hunt during bow season. And I am a bit jealous too cause if I get a deer tag for bow I cannot rifle hunt for deer also. Unless I draw a controlled tag. Same deal for elk. And I always go bow all of the way.

Now for the seasons man they are way different from you guys east. Early season opens in the end of Aug to the end of sept. Then rifle opens for a few weeks and late bow season opens again somewere in the begining to middle november and goes to the end or begining of Dec. And I usually spend most of my time in early season going for elk and wait till late season for deer cause by then they are in full rut. And we cant hunt elk in late season unless it is up north a few hours.

Quick Reply: USING BOW DURING GUN SEASON

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.