Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Killed my first Deer!   9pointer!    Long story but still need my first deer [:(] >

Killed my first Deer! 9pointer! Long story but still need my first deer [:(]

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Killed my first Deer! 9pointer! Long story but still need my first deer [:(]

Old 11-24-2003, 08:47 AM

Default RE: Killed my first Buck! 9pointer .. . .. .. sike !

Your a better person than I. You obviously killed it and if he was giving up on tracking the deer I don' t know how he could even legitimately ask you for it. You are certinaly the type of person I' d want hunting my property though. Congrats on YOUR buck and best wished for the rest of your season.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Killed my first Deer! 9pointer! Long story but still need my first deer [:(]

Dude, this is YOUR deer. If the story was reversed and I shot a buck but only injured it and someone else finished it - well then, it' s their deer. That deer was obviously not going to die from the bullet wound. You put the kill shot into him. I' m all worked up just thinking about this. The other guy is not a hunter as far as I' m concerned and you are way more of a man and hunter in my mind. I hope that you do get the big one. What comes around goes around it seems. Congrats on your first kill. Sorry to hear how it ended though.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:35 PM

Default RE: Killed my first Deer! 9pointer! Long story but still need my first deer [:(]

Then 20 minutes later i hear it! the sound of someone moving through the woods slow behind me... so i slowly turn my head and glance into the woods and there he is!!!!!
and puts his foot on him.............. and blood starts flowing out of another hole on his shoulder...his bullet hole!!!!

I was born at night, but it wasn' t last night. All sounds a little far fetched to me.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

In Virginia, I think the law is " First Mortal Shot" reguardless of how long it takes it to die, if the first shot was technically a mortal shot, thats who gets it, sounds like he was not too hurt by the gun shot...... thats a tough position to be in.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:36 PM

I think u should have split the meat and then decide whom gets the rack. maybe keep it at a neutral sight that way its both of ur bucks
Old 11-24-2003, 08:00 PM

Boy oh Boy..that is a tough one. You will get a lot of opinions from both camps. Most will strongly defend their position. That kind of story is why I' m very gratefull to be hunting land where I' m the only one out there. You will probably shoot many more deer in your lifetime, that will probably be the only one that the other guy brings home.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the guy was shooting a 30-06 and hit the deer on the left shoulder, small wound that stopped bleeding after traveling 15 yards
I have not gun hunted for almost twenty years now. When I used to gun hunt(all over north america)most of the time I used a 30-06. Any animal that I hit in the shoulder was recovered at the point of impact. Not 10 yards away, not twenty yards away, but right there!

Maybe the guy was using tracers?
Old 11-24-2003, 09:05 PM

I put a sabbotted 12 ga slug thru a sholder tonight at about 20 yds and the deer made 101 yds from impact to pile up.

I guess on that deer however I would have liked to found an exit hole or dug for the bullet to verify if it was his deer. It might have been another arrow hit that the deer simply pulled out and was fine.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

it' s all yours, the other guy didn' t want to keep looking and you actually killed it.congrats
Old 11-25-2003, 06:52 AM

You did the right thing. It ' s a nice deer, but still only a deer. Your ethics and good will may very well come back around next time.

Quick Reply: Killed my first Deer! 9pointer! Long story but still need my first deer [:(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.