Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Every ones eating at my house >

Every ones eating at my house

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Every ones eating at my house

Old 11-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Every ones eating at my house

My yard is full of activity this AM. I guess I should have been in a tree. After the deer left I got my camera out of the car. I just love these digital things. You can take all the pictures you want and all you waste is battery time and hard drive space.

Old 11-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Every ones eating at my house

Nice
Old 11-22-2003, 01:29 PM

man that hawk looks good,ain' t nothing like fryed hawk.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 11-22-2003, 01:36 PM

Nice photo. I had a Great Horned owl buzz my tree this year and land in a tree not far away. Then the other day a little screech owl landed about 10 feet from me and was trying to figure me out. His head was bobbing around in circles staring at me. He was like a big puffball, tiny compared to the horned owl. Isn' t it great what you can see from a tree stand? My wife used to ask me " did you see anything?" and I would rattle off an endless list of squirrles, different birds, opposum, skunk, chipmunk, mole, mouse, hawk, sandhill crane, goose, mallard,owls, our cat, etc.
Now she asks " did you see any DEER?"

fryed?

philistinism lives!
Old 11-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Great pics Dave, but from your post title, I thought you were inviting us all over for dinner Thursday!
Charlie
Old 11-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

You should have held a chipmunk up so he' d
Old 11-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

This is what he' s feeding on. I find a pile of feathers every day or two and it' s always a dove. Once in a while it' s a blue jay or cardinal.

Old 11-22-2003, 03:53 PM

Awesome pics, David!!! There are just some things I miss about living out of the city!!!
Old 11-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave,
I have the same type of hawk in my yard on a regular basis. Do you know what kind it is?
Steve
Old 11-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I think it' s just a juvenile redtail but I' m not positive. Here' s a picture of the big one that comes to my yard occasionally. I snapped this last winter when he was feeding on some old bones I threw out. This guy was huge. The second picture is of a one of the visitors I get when I throw out a piece of the backbone or something from a deer for the crows. I took this picture between the slats of a venetian blind through a window and a storm window. It still came out. These guys come from no where in a manner of minutes. SCAR 99.... I live IN the city...kind of.

Night visitors. I had 6 out there about an hour ago. This was last year. This is with no flash or light other than what carries from the patio. 18 yard chip shot. They' re pets. My all time high was a known 17 different deer in my half acre lawn one night... 6 bucks, 5 at one time.

Quick Reply: Every ones eating at my house

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.