Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 would you say bowhunters are more serious hunters than gun hunters? >

would you say bowhunters are more serious hunters than gun hunters?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you say bowhunters are more serious hunters than gun hunters?

Old 11-22-2003, 09:15 AM

Default RE: would you say bowhunters are more serious hunters than gun hunters?

[quote]I' d say the serious gun hunters are on par with the serious bowhunters. As a group there may be more gun hunters that take things more " lightly" . quote]

What PDQ said.........This is my 1st year Bow hunting but I was just as serious with modern gun. When it comes to whitetail....I' m serious!!
Old 11-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Dominant Buck

I think out of necessity that bow hunters become Better hunters on average than the gun hunters. With todays herds it' s no trick to shooting a deer with a gun. Just by the nature of our " Close Contact" sport they learn from observation and trial and error. It' s not hard to reach out another 10 yards and make an allowance for a poorly placed stand with a gun. With a bow, 10 yards can be like a mile. YUP, bowhunters are definitely better.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:03 AM

I hunt bow, shotgun and muzzle loader. I have to say that there are some very serious gun hunters out there. On the other hand IMO it does take much more skill and determination to take whitetail with a bow. Like David said 10 yards is nothing for a gun but with a bow it can be insurmountable. I took a doe last night with the good old 12GA. She was definetly within bow range but that is because of the excellant skills used in stand placement, scent control, etc... that have been honed over the years of bowhunting
Old 11-22-2003, 11:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would say that there are idiots and incompetents in both categories, and that regardless of weapons used the majority should not be judged based on actions committed by individuals.
Exactly my sentaments. Idiots abound in this world and not just in hunting. I hunt with a bow and arrow, rifle, shotgun, and muzzleloader when I can and I can tell you that I am just as serious with the guns as I am with the bow.

You see many more idiot gun hunters simply because they out number the bow hunters many times over. But, trust me there are idiots every where.

Hey Arthur, I wouldn' t necessarily call that hunting at all. More like target practice with the benefit of meat at the end of the target session.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:58 PM

yes...
Old 11-22-2003, 03:54 PM

I would say bow hunters occupy the extremes at both ends of the of the spectrums. I would have to say that yes, bow hunters are the best hunters in the woods bar none. However, I feel that the worst hunters are bowhunters as well.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

In general, yes, I think bowhunters are more serious. But, as some have stated, there are a lot of people in the woods each year with a bow that I wouldn' t trust with a bb gun. It seems to me that a lot of people who start bowhunting arent as serious at first, but once they get the bug, they turn into more serious hunters both with bow and gun.

I do hunt with both every year. But my true passion is bowhunting. It is nice though however to tote the gun into the woods every season for a change of pace.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, As for myself I take them both very serious. But others maybe so

Brian
Old 11-23-2003, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' d say the majority of gun hunters aren' t as dedicated so therefore less serious. I gun and bow hunt. I hunt from Oct 1 through Jan 1, two weeks being gun, the rest bow. Gun hunting to me is more or less a " gimme" after bowhunting. Not that simplistic but you get the point.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: monsterbuckland
rifle hunters on the majority are retards that never practice shooting!
Duhh, Whish waiz dues da barral goe?

Come on, man. No need to throw rocks here.

Quick Reply: would you say bowhunters are more serious hunters than gun hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.