Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-19-2003, 06:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Treesuit experience

Any chance you got a link to a web site? Sounds interesting.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

www.treesuit.com

It' s been brought up a few times on the board. I don' t think anyone has tried them. I couldn' t see myself in one of those. I' m too big of a guy.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:37 PM

Boy, I almost bought one of these on eBay but decided to pass. Great idea but I would have to try one out before shelling out. I like the idea of climbing with spikes, could leave a climber up in a tree with no steps. Up and down quick and quiet and no theft.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:47 PM

Ummm. Ill stick with the old school. I don' t see many advantages, only disadvantages.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:07 PM

Seems a bit expensive. $120.00 for some straps and couple small pieces. Also, the foot peg thing seems extremely small. Can you imagine hanging from that thing for 3, 4 or 6 hours. How about an all day hunt? I don' t have one and I don' t think I would get one. It does seem like a good idea for leaving a climber in the woods? Maybe one could be home-made and used with a climber so the stand could be left in the woods although it seems like it would be tricky getting into and out of the permanently placed climber?

TBO
Old 11-19-2003, 11:13 PM

I own a treesuit, after trying out a friend' s, I was convinced that it may be a good way to make myself more mobile. One of the things that I really like about it is that it sets up quickly and fairly quietly. Also, the built-in harness system keeps a person safe while climbing the tree. The shooting positions really are endless. Facing the tree makes it a little easier to stay warm on those cold days.
One of the weaknesses is that there is some extra strain on the body in certain positions. Another weakness is that there is more stuff to carry in when hunting. However, I have found that having the treesuit to get out and try a spot a couple of times before I choose to put one of my few fixed stands there has been a bonus.
I do not own a climbing stand and I haven' t purchased treesuit' s climbing platform. I just use a climbing stick and a couple of tree steps. IMO, the climbing platform, would greatly improve the experience.

Jeramy K, I weigh about 265 pounds and I do ok, but sometimes when manuevering I wish I was smaller
Old 11-20-2003, 08:20 AM

I saw these earlier this year and inquired with the manufacturer. They are sold witha 30 day money back guarentee.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

I have owned a treesuit for 4 years. Use it most for new areas and out of state hunts because it is easy to move locations. Once you figure out how to adjust the fit, it is very comfortable. I wear it in when I hunt so I' m not carrying it and just pick a spot to hunt. I carry about a dozen screw in steps in a fanny pack and can be set up in about 15 mins. I have shot deer from the treesuit but still use fixed position stands in the areas I hunt on a regular basis. I have not seen the climbing platform but that might work well for areas where you cant use screw in steps.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:15 PM

never heard of it

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.