Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer Harrasment? >

Deer Harrasment?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Harrasment?

Old 11-19-2003, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Deer Harrasment?

I go out to my stand around 2:30 ish and I get my climber around the tree , tie my Bow to my hoist line. Then I go and put scent around my tree and start back to my tree. As I walk back to my tree and about 5 yards from my bow and I look up and there is a 6 pointer about 10 feet away from me. I couldn' t believe it! He saw me and wasn' t even startled. He had his nose to the ground and just walked off. I was in total freak out. I couldn' t believe my eyes! No chance for a shot and he knew it! This is the same buck that I drew back on twice(arrow came unknocked BOTH times)this past thursday. I think this buck is messing with me. I also have one side of a shed of his and I almost hit him with my truck about 3 weeks ago! Can you say " harrassment"
So I was wondering if this ever happened to any of you, nice buck in range but on your way up the tree??????
Old 11-19-2003, 08:44 AM

Default RE: Deer Harrasment?

I think you have a stalker
Old 11-19-2003, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Had the same thing happen this year, but it was in the dark, and I couldn' t see if it was a buck or doe, but anyway, I just got in the tree and the deer was right under me sniffing my backpack and bow on the rope. Also had one come in in the dark while I was climbing, I had to wait about 5 minutes on the side of the tree for the deer to leave.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:49 AM

BHF

Man if your putting out " Doe in heat " scent I would watch out he may take you down!!! You have better quit smelling like a doe!
Old 11-19-2003, 09:31 AM

I knew a couple girls like that in college!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 09:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

A few years ago I was getting out of my ladder stand. It was around noon. I got about 6 feet or so from the ground and I was face to face with a doe. She was standing between the ladder and the tree my stand was in looking me in the face. Scared the living you know what out of me.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve been watching a 6pt. all season, missed him twice! One night I decided to get down and get out of the woods with five minutes of legal shooting light left - figured that since I hadn' t seen a thing, I should get out so I wouldn' t have to wade through deer and spook them. I thought, " A deer would have to come in NOW in order to get a shot off." That doesn' t happen. Until you lower your bow all the way to the ground. Of course, the second the bow touches the ground, he comes walking straight in. I tried to lift the bow back up, but he waited until I got ahold of it, then gave me the white flag finger. I love deer.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:44 AM

How about this....last Friday I went to my stand, put out my scent wicks, and climbed the tree. I strapped myself in, turned around and had a VERY NICE buck come within 5 yards broadside......and my bow is attached to the hoist string!!! I was in my stand all of 30 SECONDS!!! I was so pissed. Anyway, I let him get behind me, got my bow up and nocked an arrow then bleated with the can call. He started coming in, I' m thinking " here we go!!!" , then.....POOF....he is gone. Seems as though 2 squirrels scared him. I was glad nobody saw me.....being a grown man breaking down into tears and all!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 12:15 PM

Dear BowHuntingFool: I have missed that same deer 5 times in the last 2 seasons. I call him " Bubble Buck" , I read once in a psychology magazine about a " Bubble Boy" , hence his nickname. That bad boy has made me look like a nubie something terrible. I would always walk away just shaking my head and thinking to myself about the stories he must tell his buddies about jimpok61 launching missiles at him. Now, I have not seen " Bubble Buck" in the past 3 weeks. Coincidence, or should I now suggest you call him " Roadie" . Just remember, I trained him well!!!!! BEWARE!
Old 11-19-2003, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I figure I have one more day to bowhunt and then its gun hunting only! I will be in stand all day tomorow hoping he shows his broadside! I swear this bucks is F' n with me on purpose. Either that or he is so preoccupied with chasin beaver he doesn' t care that he has a chance of getting stuck! I do stress a " chance" !

Quick Reply: Deer Harrasment?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.