Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crazy Deer!

Old 11-19-2003, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Crazy Deer!

It is now muzzle loader season here in NC and I still try to bow hunt where there is no pressure from ML' ers. I had a old 7 pointer come in the other day within 5 yds and I sent an arrow right through both of his lungs. He jumped up and went about 2 feet, then stuck his head on the ground and continued to smell the doe urine I put out. He looked up and grunted then started making a rub on a small tree when all of a sudden I believe he realized something wasn' t right. He ran about 10yds and fell over dead! This whole process took about 10 minutes.
That is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen! What is the most amazing thing you have seen a deer do?
Old 11-19-2003, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Crazy Deer!

Amazing isn' t it. May sound stupid, but were you using a fixed blade and feather fletchings?
Old 11-19-2003, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I was much younger I killed a small 4 point. Upon flipping it to gut it out I saw that it was a doe. Just so the others at camp wouldn' t think I was wacko, I went and got dad and an Uncle to see this deer before I did anything else!
Old 11-19-2003, 10:52 AM

Two years ago towards the end of the season so I was up to shoot either a doe or a buck. (Cause i can only shoot one I would rather shoot a buck). So I am in this area that I have seen this good forked horn hanging around. But this one morning as the sun was just coming up, I was walking up this trail. I see a what I think is a doe at about 40 outs perfect broadside slowly grazing so I take a shot, she runs off. I go look for my arrow in a tree cause it sounded like I hit one but then I found blood so I waited a bit and slowy started to track. I then here some deer from were I was just at. Right were I shot the deer. I look up and see a another doe. So just cause I love to I watched and to my amazment I saw that buck that I keep seeing and finally he steps out from behind a bush and that sucker has an arrow sticking out of his neck. I must have hit a limb like I thought, but anyhow he is following this doe, wearing my arrow like jewerlly. So a long story and I even ended up on my hand and knees I get another shot, Dam slow bow I hit a high branch that I didnt see and it way missed and I knew it so he ran and she stayed. So I decided to wait and watch the do. Man she was just grazing and came within 10 yrds of me a few time and about 15 minutes went by when I noticed that buck coming back from behind her. So he lets get another shot this time double lung and he went like 20 yards. That was my first bow buck. I was so happy.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:32 AM

Craziest thing I ever saw from deer when I was hunting happened this year. I see a medium(maybe 8 to 10 pt in the 100 inch range) sized buck come limping into my area. He beds down about 55 to 60 yards away. It is early, so I figure I will wait it out and see if any other deer move into the area. I waited until 9:20 a.m. and then decided if I could get down to the ground without him spooking then I could possibly try to stalk him. I have never gotten the chance to try a stalk before. Since I had climbed a small white oak with vines on it(noisy to climb) I had to go extrememly slow and deliberate. It took me about 35 mins to get 3/4 the way down the tree. So, I am about 8 feet from the ground and here comes a doe. She walks right over to that buck and stands there, tail half up, waiting on him. He gets up and they walk about 10 yards over to some pines and they start breeding. I never thought I would ever see such a thing. I was amazed and dissappointed. Here, I was hoping to try my first ever stalk, but then I got to witness a truly special occurence. I was cursed and blessed all at the same time. After about 2 mins I figured, I might could sneak since they are pre-occupied, but after climbing down another 2 feet or so they trotted off. It was a neat hunt!

TBO
Old 11-20-2003, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was using fixed 4-blade muzzy' s and vinal feltches.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:01 PM

probably didnt feel a thing.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:35 PM

I had a nine pointer chase me outta my grandpas hayfield soon as they lost their velvet this summer, i was doin some scoutin and he came right up to me and i thoguht it was real cool till he liad his ears back and came walkin in sideways and i figured out what was goin on and back up to the fence and when he charged i jumped over and got in the woods and he kept coming till i got about a 100 yards away and he finally just stood there and made sure i wouldnt come back
oh i shot him the second day of season so we are even now lol, i had five encoutners with that buck each time he wasnt 10 yards from me, the day before i shot him i went to put my stand up and he was makin a rub 7 yards from where i was standin, it was my first deer with a bow 21' ' on the outside 9 points and 5 1/2 inch bases a dandy for wv
Old 11-20-2003, 05:51 PM

my buck i shot this year was on the trail of a hot doe that had come by my stand just at first light. i stopped him and shot a little high but it did the job. i think he was so rut crazy that after i shot, he ran like 35 yards and then saw a doe and started running after her. i thought i only wounded him. well i trail him and find him like 150-200 yards from stand on his back and it looks like he pissed himself. i grabbed a stick i notice that its prob not piss....,looked like jiz, hardened now and yellow, i am guessing he caught up to that doe and was breeding and then flipped over dead.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The most amazing thing I think I' ve seen was when my brother jumped a bedded buck in an apple orchard one year. The deer was so startled to see my brother less than 10 yards away. He jumped up and took off. At top speed we watched him jump over a parked car! That was pretty awesome.

Quick Reply: Crazy Deer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.