Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 %$#*&()  %*()$  (*%#   Missed >

%$#*&() %*()$ (*%# Missed

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

%$#*&() %*()$ (*%# Missed

Old 11-18-2003, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default %$#*&() %*()$ (*%# Missed

Well my bowhunting is over for the year. I really haven' t bowhunted much this year do to a car accident I had last thanksgiving. Yes I know its been a year but I am still suffering from Neurologic problems. I bump into things, fall into things unexpectedly. The medicine does help for this but its not perfect. So to my title of my post. Yep had the biggest buck I could of ever taken walk up to me and turned at 25 yards and present a perfect broad side shot and I shot about a foot over him.[:@]. Boy did that suprise me in the first place as I don' t miss, especially a 25 yard duck shot like that. So I went home to see if my sights were off and put a perfect shot into my bullseye at 25 yards. Then later that day I felt like just getting a doe for the freezer as I have no venison in the freezer last year and this year. Well two nice does come toward me at about 430 and I stand up and get my bow and go to grab my release and bump my release and it falls and hits my stand and goes to the ground. The does then make an exit.

Well all this goes on and I start to think what my wife says to me about not being what she says " RIGHT" . I mean I try to convince myself that I am doing better and stopped going to the doctors because I wanted to convince myself I am doing better. Well this last days eppisode of missing a beautiful 8 pointer and I mean a beaut!!!!![]. So I came home and said to my wife I am hanging up the bow again for another year to try to " right" myself and go back to the Doctors again.

Well went to two of the Dr' s and they are going to change my medicines and see if it helps. But I think I am done for the year now and come to my senses that it is best. I don' t need to get confused and dizzy 25 feet up a tree.

So no venison again this year. But it sucks that I am going to miss another season do to my accident I was in last year.

Hey anyone want to donate a doe. I will butcher it up my self I just need someone to do the deed. AS I am not doing as good as I thought I was doing. I was only fooling myself.

ANy one in an unlimited doe area in NJ especiall near tuckerton want to get one for me.

thanks

Hope you all have a great season.

Brian
Old 11-18-2003, 09:39 PM

Default RE: %$#*&() %*()$ (*%# Missed

DON' T GIVE UP.MAN THAT SUCKS .HOPE YOU GET BETTER.

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Brian.
That sure does suck.

But just remember that your health is more important at the moment than hunting.
Hang in there Buddy and get yourself right.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys for the thoughts. Well you know how us deer hunters are. To me and I know most of you deer hunting is not only a passion but a way of life for me. Its in my blood and I just love to get out there. Its very hard for me to stop hunting again even though my wife tried but I would sneak out and go for a couple hours. To me deer hunting is like air I just can' t live without it.

Thanks again.

Brian
Old 11-18-2003, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to see you feeling so dissapointed in yourself and going without venison
I had a friend that died last month and he loved to hunt but because of his advanced age and disabilities was no longer able to walk to the woods and hunt any more , even with assistance and he wanted me to harvest a doe for him.....he just really loved venison and deer hunting ... but unfortunatly he passed after surgery last month and I never did get the privalege to harvest a deer for him. If I lived there I would be more than happy to help you out but Im here and your there .... SORRY.
Dont give up!!!!! Have you given any thought to ground hunting?..... You will not have to worry about falling from a tree...... As previously stated I to believe your health is what is most important.... but maybe ground hunting will fit the bill for you.... you can be a little bit safer on the ground and still be able to do what you live for ... BOW HUNTING.
And you may find a whole new challenge to the hunt as sometimes I think ground hunting can be more of a challenge than tree stand hunting.
Please let us know what you decide to do and keep your chin up and looking to the future
Old 11-19-2003, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Brian,

Well, it' s unfortunate that you' ve had to hang up the bow at this point. However I think you' re doing the right thing. Your health should come first and if that means waiting another year then so be it. The last thing you want is to have a injury related to hunting due to your previous condition. I hope the doctors changes help expedite your recovery.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Where in the devil is Egg Harbor in relationship to Baltimore? I' m sure we can get you a deer or 3 sometime between now and Jan 31st. What are NJ laws about transporting in an out of state animal? Would I get in trouble.[:' (] AH, they only check for drugs on the highway anyway.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Brian, I was just about to e-mail you when I saw your post. Hang in there buddy and keep faith.
David, Brian doesn' t live too far from me and me and him hunted together the only year I hunted NJ. If we can hook up this weekend I can bring him one back with me providing you don' t do your NY trick and miss [:' (][]. I will be down on Sat.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Missed ?What? Don' t worry about it Brian..Get yourself better first. No sense in getting hurt again if your getting dizzy in a stand.

I got a doe all cut up into steaks and chopmeat and its packaged to go. My uncle was supposed to pick it up but its still in the freezer. Your welcome to it if you can make the ride up. I' m headed to Maine on Thursday and will return on the 30th. Drop me an email if you want...

JJ
Old 11-19-2003, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear about your health problem. I hope you can get after it again soon. Wish I could help you out with a doe, but the aliens seem to have abducted all the deer in my town. Get better soon!!

Quick Reply: %$#*&() %*()$ (*%# Missed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.