Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what is your greatest weaknesss?? >

what is your greatest weaknesss??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what is your greatest weaknesss??

Old 11-18-2003, 08:36 PM

Default what is your greatest weaknesss??

When I was younger my boss passed out some slips of paper to the employees and told us to write down the one thing that we could do to enhance our job preformance. At the end of the meeting he just told us to keep the slips of paper. He never looked at them.
I think we all know something we could do better to fill our tags. My biggest weakness now is staying awake.[&:] I bought a Summit Viper and have a good harness. Now that I feel safe and confortable, I can' t stay awake.[X(] What do you do to stay awake? I' m not talking about a 5 min cat nap, I sleep for 45 min to an hour. It' s really getting me down.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:45 PM

Default RE: what is your greatest weaknesss??

goto wally world get you bout 2 or 3 packs of little taks and put them in your seat and set all day awake or you could start drinking coffee. my greatest weakness is my patients after an hour or so i want to go walk around my stand and stuff i did that yesterday got up in the stand and forced my self to set for and hour nad a half and saw a deer and i was like alright a lil movement now and then i grunted 3 times and then 15 mins later i had a doe at 5 yds (let this be our lil secret i let her have it from the ol 270) i was like i need to stay in my stand as long as i can[>:]DUH!!! yall got ne hints on how to keep me in the stand longer
Old 11-18-2003, 09:38 PM

yes those summits are comfortable , try drinking coffee ,or go to wally world or gnc , and get some green tea extract , that will keep you awake!
Old 11-18-2003, 09:41 PM

yall got ne hints on how to keep me in the stand longer
I try to keep positive thoughts. I know there are deer in the area......I put myself in the best spot.........I heard a shot so I know the deer are still moving, stuff like that. I think that confidence in my stand location is the thing thats keeps me in the stand. I see most of my deer between 9am and 11am. (If I' m Awake) You might be the type that needs to still hunt. Move into the wind a little ways then wait about 30 mins before you move again. I have a friend that hunts this way in pine thickets and has real good luck. But be sure to wear your orange if you do that.
good luck
Old 11-19-2003, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

I constantly look for deer, ill tell you i dont know how many times i get in my stand and start looking and all of the sudden i see a movement and it is a deer that i would have never seen if i wasnt looking hard, that is what keeps me interested, although this archery season i didnt see much, it was a dissapointing one for me, but if you constantly scan the area for deer it keeps you awake, just remember it only takes a couple of minutes for a deer to walk behind you or in front of you for that matter, and if you dose off just for a couple of minutes, that could cost you!!!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m guilty of day dreaming and zoning out while on stand. I start taking my mind away from the hunt. Though a twig snapping or leaves rustling will usually snap me out of it.

As far as sleep on the stand, I too get sleepy at times. I have found that I need to stand up at these times. I will only sit down for no more than 5 min.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am way too fidgety, has nothing to do with comfort, I just can' t keep as still as I' d like.

Every great once in a while I' ll close my eyes for a few seconds, but I' ve never fallen asleep.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Be careful. Even with the dependability of the Summits and that harness I, personally, would still be nervous about falling asleep up in a treestand.

However, might I suggest getting to bed a bit earlier and/or several cups of coffee in the morning?
Old 11-19-2003, 06:06 AM

I too will nod off if sitting too long. I' ve found that I have to stand most of the time. I sit only to relax for a few moments and them I stand again. I' m far more successful if I' m standing with bow in hand, reading to shoot. Besides, lots of deer are spooked from having to move too much to get into position.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

I could use a little more patience. My hunting patience is finally improving as the rest of my life gets more hectic. Dealing with three very " active" young sons, demanding clients, and difficult employees make you far more appreciative of the solitude that hunting offers.

Quick Reply: what is your greatest weaknesss??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.