Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what' s your best attribute?? >

what' s your best attribute??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what' s your best attribute??

Old 11-18-2003, 04:18 PM

Default RE: what' s your best attribute??

I think my best attribute is patience in a location. I can and do think things out when I am not seeing deer and rationalise why - I think, " The deer are in the field east of me this morning and will be moving by here at 13:30 " Doing so allows me to sit without going nuts long periods, knowing that anytime a deer may pass. I am also very aware of movement times and pay special note to them every day to pattern what is going on on a particular week......
Old 11-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can find the great spots and pick out good ambush points... I think.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:35 PM

Patience.......now that my ADD is being treated.
Before that, I was a deerhunting mess. I think hazcon was tempted to double lung me just to get me to stay in one spot[]
Old 11-18-2003, 06:31 PM

i think my best attribute is the older i get the younger i feel, right now i feel like a baby......... i don' t have any hair, few teeth, and i think i just messed myself.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:31 PM

I would have to say that my best attribute, would be the use of new knowledge. I am constantly reading how to books and articles on patterning and hunting bucks in different situations and at different times of the season. I think most people get into a rut where they think they know it all and do the same things over and over. I am good at putting new knowledge to use to see the BIG PICTURE. I like to get this info. from numerous different writers, so I' m getting different views on what may be the same topic. Besides reading I also like to pick the brain of someone that has harvested a big buck, and see what thought process he had behind his stand location.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

Mine would be being able to pass up the smaller bucks, even though this is only
my second year bowhunting I have passed on four bucks so far this yr, a 7-6-4-4
pts. I hunt on forest crop land that anybody can hunt. The sad part about this is there are people that hunt this area that will shoot these smaller bucks.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ADDICTION...to all aspects of archery and the hunt..not just the kill...makes everyday enjoyable [:-]
Old 11-19-2003, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

My best hunting attribute?? I LIVE IN ILLINOIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 09:14 AM

My best attribute is seeing the forest through the trees. I would love to see monster bucks all the time but that is not what it' s all about. The mere pleasure of watching nature unfold its mysteries before your very eyes is more than enough to make each and every hunt rewarding. We can see the interaction of all the creatures, their favorite snacks, hangouts and play if you just take the time to really see the forest. Try it, you will never have a dull moment.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:03 PM

patience is mine.

Quick Reply: what' s your best attribute??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.