Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf

Old 11-18-2003, 01:56 PM

Default RE: Lone Wolf

This is my 2nd year using the sit and climb Lone Wolf. Simply put, I LOVE IT! It has all the features I wanted the ones stated by others. Also, I used to have a Tree Lounge which was very comfortable. I did more sleeping than looking for deer. I actually hunt better and harder in the Lone Wolf. I sit for awhile and then I stand and look behind me for awhile. This is a GREAT stand I wouldn' t have any other!

TBO
Old 11-18-2003, 02:51 PM
Spike

I own the Alpha and if the climber is anything like it you won' t be sorry that you purchased it. All aspects of the Alpha are very well thought out.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:11 PM

Wow, thanks guys. This is almost as if I posted it. (no disrespect JimBow) Thanks to all who have responded. I have been looking at both of their climbing models (only in catalogs unfortunately) for quite some time now. Basically, all the features you guys are talking about is what attracted me to those stands in the first place. They look like they are well thought out. Simple really. I currently use an original style Loggy that I bought around 87' or 88' I think. It' s been a good stand for the most part. It' s just pretty old and even though I have replaced some parts, it is starting to squeek unless you set it up just perfect. Can' t have that anymore.

Another Lone Wolf question...If the traction belt is the only attachment to the tree once you are in place, what happens when you transfer your weight towards the tree on a shot behind you? The platform doesn' t slip down the tree?

Thanks...Jim
Old 11-18-2003, 05:09 PM

I have an older hand climber and it is second only to my LW hang on. They are the best stands on the market for all the reasons that have been stated above.

Jimimac the stand has never slipped on me. If you are going to get the hand climber make sure you are in good shape
Old 11-18-2003, 05:24 PM

Hey Jimimac, to answer your question about shifting wait that is simple. With the sit down climber there are straps that connect from the foot climber to the seat and then tighten. This helps to lock the stand into its place. I have stood on the very edge or right up next to tree. You can shift your wait and the stand will not move or give at all. At least it doesnt on me, but I am a little guy at a buck fifty! LOL!

TBO
Old 11-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Jimimac......I stretch a bungi cord around the belt and tree to help secure the seat/climber, only takes a few seconds. I have found it unnecessary to secure the platform with a second strap although it may be a good idea with any stand. The design of the steel cable reinforced traction belt is such that slipping down the tree is almost impossible until you are ready to descend on your own!

Old 11-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

I did a report on my Lone Wolf Hand Climber a while back. It' s pretty detailed. Here' s a link to it: [link]http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=202735&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=report&langu age=single&tmode=&smode=&s=#202740[/link]

Great stand. Easy to pack in, climb etc. Well engineered. I' m 40 and climbing with the hand climber is a breeze
Old 11-19-2003, 03:47 AM

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the input. This did turn into my post didn' t it. No disrespect again JB. Time to start saving the dimes and quarters I guess. It will take a lot of them for sure. Thanks again............Jim
Old 11-19-2003, 09:14 AM

To Clarify my post I have the NON-CLIMBER stand.

The 13 pounds etc is for the portable tree stand NOT the climber.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the info and thanks to Jimimac for asking more questions. I haven' t been able to get to the computer in a day or so.
I am a big guy at around 250 and worry about my API being up to the task with all my gear with me. The 350 weight limit sounds better. Also packing the Lone Wolf looks about a hundred times eayser.
One more Question, Does the Lone wolf come with a saftey harness?? thanks Jim

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.