Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WISCONSIN  RUT !!!!!!!! ANYBODY!!!!!!!! >

WISCONSIN RUT !!!!!!!! ANYBODY!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WISCONSIN RUT !!!!!!!! ANYBODY!!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2003, 12:49 PM

Default WISCONSIN RUT !!!!!!!! ANYBODY!!!!!!!!

I am heading up to Washura county to hunt this weekend,leaving tonight. Anybody no the status of the rut? Bowdacious?you out there.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:17 PM

Default RE: WISCONSIN RUT !!!!!!!! ANYBODY!!!!!!!!

Hello Newshooter:

I live in Waushara County. On my way to work yesterday, I watched a Buck running a doe so hard in a picked corn field, that his tongue was haning out. She wasn' t having any of him yet, but he would not let her out of his sight. I would say that they are Just starting up here. I was hunting up in Jackson County Last weekend, and I don' t believe the rut had started yet.

Hope you have a great hunt.

Bill(WI)
Old 11-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-13-2003, 01:47 PM

Bill,I will be in RedGranite hope the deer will be there also.

Navy, I hope your right.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:37 PM

My land is also in Waushara, I think its starting to get going pretty good. I dont know how receptive the does are yet, but the bucks are sure on the look. I sat in my stand friday morning and in 1.5 hours I saw 6 different bucks and they were all cruising with their noses on the ground. I did see 3 big ones.... 125plus big come through together in a row which kinda made me wonder what that was about. I missed the one and got another shot at him on sunday night outta the same stand. He again was cruising with is nose down.
Here are a couple pics....by far my biggest with a bow!

I hunt between Poy Sippi and West Bloomfield....old family farm. My uncle is still living up there.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

Stay on stand all day if you can. According to the buck and doe interactions I saw last weekend and my friends who hunted yesterday the bucks are hot but the does aren' t quite ready. It should be an awesome weekend to hunt now that the 50 mph winds are behind us. Park yourself between doe bedding areas and be on full alert. This info in frem SE WI but it should be the same all over the state.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:18 PM

Hey Kevin meet you at Haases for steak!
Old 11-13-2003, 03:57 PM

Heck yeah.... Haases my favorite place to eat. You order the regular hamburger and its 3lbs of ground sirloin! I live near the dells now but when I was in Oshkosh with all my buddies we would often go there for a big 45oz plus steak before heading out for some beer..... I am most often at Goodes in West Bloomfield around hunting as I have been around that are for some time and know many people. I do alot of fox hunting up that area also all winter.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:02 PM

Its crankin! I saw 5 different bucks on saterday, 5 different bucks sunday including a shooter, 6 bucks on monday back home , and then not one FU##ing deer tues and wednsday. The warm weather i think shut them down. On the weekend i never saw a deer until 9, and then it was crazy until 11. sit all day if possible, or dont go out until 8am and sit untill noon. Typicle full moon situation.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:42 PM

I think it' s getting pretty good, but it can still be hot and cold. I was able to hunt all day(In chippewa county) Friday-Sunday of last week. I saw about 7 bucks on Friday, with 3 being shooters. The 3 shooter bucks were all chasing does, and there was no way I could get them within shooting range. Then for some reason the action stopped. I only saw one small buck Saturday, and another small one Sunday. I got out Tuesday all day and had slow action for the most part.

Still, the deer are moving during the day, and are chasing does pretty heavy. Some of my hot and cold action may be due to the rut activity itself, and another part may very well be my stand locations.
Anyway, you should be hunting a pretty good weekend. Log as many hours on the stand as you can every day!

peashooter

Quick Reply: WISCONSIN RUT !!!!!!!! ANYBODY!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.