Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Packed and ready to go... look out NY!! >

Packed and ready to go... look out NY!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Packed and ready to go... look out NY!!

Old 11-13-2003, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Packed and ready to go... look out NY!!

All ready to go. Got to stop at the bank and pick up some money... that' s about it. Leaving bright(well dark) and early in the AM for 3 days of NY bowhunting. Last night I talked to one of the locals in NY that bow hunts the same public land I do. He said it' s been a tough hunt for him this year. He says there' s plenty of sign and he sees some deer but the bucks are playing hard to get or even see. He usually has tagged out by the time I get there. He hasn' t shot " A" deer this year. He says there are 3 or 4 cars parked and hunting the woods every day. Sounds like I' ll have to go deep. Same story every year.[:' (] I hate climbing that damn mountain to get away from the crowd. At least when I get there I never see another soul. They all seem to stop within 200-300 yards from the road. I' m getting to old for that dang hill. It beats me up every year. At leaste it' s mostly downhill if you shoot a deer.[:-] But that last 150 yards is uphill, what a bummer.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Packed and ready to go... look out NY!!

Good luck David hunt hard hunt safe.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Where you going to be again?

BTW, Make sure you strap yourself in tight, winds will be blowing over 40 MPH tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:43 AM

In SW New York, they' re calling for up to 12" of snow and winds gusts over 60 mph! Have fun. I' m staying inside.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:43 AM

In SW New York, they' re calling for up to 12" of snow and winds gusts over 60 mph! Have fun. I' m staying inside.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:52 AM

Good luck Dave,
I' m in central Ny and looked out my window this morning to see the tops of trees touching the ground. I' m staying in bed.My wife woke up at about 7:00 this morning in a panic she thought i was dead. Strange sight me still being in bed at 7:00.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck. I know about them hills, seems they have hills the size of of Western Md in Charles County where I was this week.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Dominant Buck

I' ll be hunting North of Bainbridge, NE of Binghamton, near the little burgs of Gilford and Coventryville. If it' s blowing that hard I' ll just go in and maybe hang a hang on and find a couple trees for my climber. Hunt from the ground if I have to. It should lie low near dark. Saturday looks great. Snow I can live with.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:21 AM

Good luck in New York buddy. Going to hunt the last two days of the season here in PA. Have fun and be safe...Jim
Old 11-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wish you luck David...though knowing your past experiences, you may not need it. I have a question for you though, you hunted Maryland yesterday and you are hunting New York tomorrow, do you ever hunt PA?

Quick Reply: Packed and ready to go... look out NY!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.