Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 where is the RUT in PA >

where is the RUT in PA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

where is the RUT in PA

Old 11-12-2003, 04:36 PM

Default where is the RUT in PA

i havent really seen the deer rutting that much anywhere here in central PA.... i have saw a little activity here and there... but not nearly as much as usual..any answers?
Old 11-12-2003, 04:56 PM

Default RE: where is the RUT in PA

Rut in Southwest PA was cranking a couple days ago. Lots of daytime activity, bucks chasing does, etc. Hope things still hold up for Friday and Saturday. My last two chances. Gotta sit all day and endure. Jim
Old 11-13-2003, 09:36 AM

I saw an 8-pointer running does in a sod field last Sunday at 2:40PM. The only activity I' ve seen. Took a ride last night to spot deer and saw does all over the place feeding. Not a buck in sight. We' re having terrible winds (50 MPH gusts) today and carrying over to tomorrow. Hopefully everything clears out for Saturday. Maybe the wind will cause a little sexual frustration (we all know what that' s like) and the bucks will get nuts on Saturday.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would say that the intensified " pre rut" period has been going on for at least the least week and a half to two weeks in my neck of the woods. I have not yet seen any actual breeding occuring so I cannot say if the peak rut has actually happened yet but if it has not then we have to be close.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:24 PM

Doing pretty good in Western PA now. I had trouble the 1st week of November in Forest County, but I think it had a lot to do with the grossly disproportional buck/doe ratio. The deer I have been seeing have been from 1200-1500
Old 11-13-2003, 01:17 PM

Its going pretty good here in northeast Pa. The heavy winds today will probably slow things down or at least make it really hard to hunt.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Spike

The bucks seem to be chasing but seems like the does not quite ready yet! We just started seeing some good bucks but not many.We had a very slow early season!And we hunt everyday.My buddies friend just shot a nice buck in the Coal D area ,it had like a 18 inch spread ,i think he got it wedensday. Good Luck ,Derb.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:58 PM

Westmoreland County....Talked to my buddy a little bit ago. He had a buck and a doe at the edge of his yard bedding together. There was another buck nearby but everytime he got close the bedded buck would get up and run him off then return to the bed. Pretty cool huh!!
Old 11-13-2003, 07:20 PM

I went out on the 8th in the evening. As soon as I got ready I saw a 3-point, nose to the ground, didn' t pay any attention to my scent trail, just stayed on the real thing. 5 minutes later I saw a big 10, but he didn' t pay attention to me either. About 10 minutes before dark a decent 8 came in on my scent trail and I arrowed him at 25 yards.....so I' d say the rut in PA is working for me