Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you think of this >

What do you think of this

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you think of this

Old 11-11-2003, 11:05 AM

Default What do you think of this

This is roughly the ad that appeared in the local paper for the last few days:

Whitetail doe hunt, Guaranteed kill, $250 each,

I forgot the rest of it, but what in the world is this crap. Are they on leashes? I might be desperate for a deer, but I would never consider that kind of situation.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you think of this

I' m with you on that one! PAY to shoot a DOE??? Come on.

I suppose I could give up chasing the big one and just go to a penned in preserve and shoot a monster for a few grand. Heck, $ wise, it would probably be a wash for me anyway compared to spending money the entire season. But a doe? Ah, no.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:19 AM

My whole problem is the term " guaranteed." It makes me think that they are worse than high-fenced and are actually penned in a small enclosure. How else do you guarantee a deer?

Or for that matter, the term " hunt." There doesn' t sound like any hunting going on. It offered a youth hunt. Do you take a kid and say, " we' re going to sharpen your hunting skills by putting you on this corral and see if you can hit a deer from 20 yards with a scoped rifle. Be real quiet or she might run to the other side of the pen and your shot will be 40 yards. Don' t worry, if you miss the one your aiming at, you' ll probably hit another, so don' t worry about aiming too much. You' re fidgety? Don' t pay it no nevermind, she can' t go very far. Why don' t you blow that grunt call and see if she moves a little closer thinking you' re not really a human standing there talking at full volume."
Old 11-11-2003, 11:28 AM

Perhaps it is like Steve Martin said in The Jerk..." So it' s a money making thing!" .

Get ten guys, guarantee they get a doe, have seven actually do it and refund three. Big deal, " it' s a money making thing."
Old 11-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hearing these types of things makes me both mad at the people who placed the advertisement and sad for the animals that they are " hunting" . Nothing worthwhile in life is guaranteed.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Or maybe they have such an overpopulation of does in the area that they NEED to be thinned out.

The guarantee may be nothing more than just giving your money back if you aren' t succesful but they have so many running around that they are willing to make that offer.

I really don' t know or care but getting upset over something before you know what is going on is just a bit silly.

$250.00 isn' t bad for that much meat.If the time didn' t allow you to find an area or wasn' t able to scout and needed some food,maybe.

This wouldn' t be for me but everyone is different.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:35 AM

I hope you' re right, TFOX. Still, it' s not a good thing to have this kind of ad in a place the PETA nuts can read.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not my cup of tea but I' m sure someone would spend the $$$. Not bad for a guaranteed kill.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

There' s not enough info here to judge or get mad. Like tfox said, they could have a boat load of deer that show up on a food plot each nite and all you got to do is shoot one. Not a big deal.