Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I' m tired if Tribal Hunting!!!! >

I' m tired if Tribal Hunting!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I' m tired if Tribal Hunting!!!!

Old 11-10-2003, 05:25 PM

Default I' m tired if Tribal Hunting!!!!

Every year its the same s&^%! The Tribe has ruin deer hunting by my cabin in Burnett County. Its not even the local Indians from Danbury, they are from Minnesota. They can gun hunt our entire bow season, taking 1 deer a day/person. Great fine, but they don' t need to drive around with uncased, loaded guns, and do 30-40 man drives everyday! I sat in my stand all weekend and I couldn' t tell if I was in the Northen Wisconsin woods or downtown Baghdad. I' ve had enough of this bull!@$% I didn' t see a damn deer all weekend except for 1 doe when I was driving into town. Is there anything I can do?

Old 11-10-2003, 05:35 PM

Default RE: I' m tired if Tribal Hunting!!!!

change your name to soaring eagle and join them.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:36 PM

not a thing ; just remember they were here first.[:-].think how they felt when the whiteman invaded there hunting grounds and slaughtered the bison and left them to rot.[>:][X(]; just for the hide.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Dominant Buck

It' s a shame. They' ve done the same thing to walleye fishing in parts of the great lakes. They are allowed to use all the " Illegal... banned methods" ... ie. gill nets etc across the spawning rivers. They' ve decimated the population. My buddy and 3 other friends used to go every year, rent cabins, spend hundreds of dollars a piece for the week etc. The last time they ask a Canadian warden what was happening to the walleyes. He pointed at a big Indian run fish plant and told of the gill nets etc. They don' t have to follow the regs... it' s game population genicide. Your woods sounds like it' s had it. I know it' s tough, but you might as well start looking for a little out of the way place to hunt.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:47 PM

hey where u from in wisconsin and where u hunting in wis becuase i have heard about this from a couple of ppl now and yea its not fair they should have to follow regulations just like everyone else
Old 11-10-2003, 06:30 PM
nub

Throbbingrod I presume? Welcome to HuntingNet.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

I feel your pain. I live by 2 tribes, the Potowatomi, and Chippewa. They do the same thing, just drive around, and shoot for the most part. Some poachers (a lot by me) have Indians tag their deer, because Indians have the actual metal tag, and do not have to register it before they butcher it...they can just bring in the head. Every year there are white people who drive around with monsters on the back of their trucks with the Indian tags on the,...obviously paoched. Pathetic. The Potowatomi can actually spotlight deer, and shoot them on their land.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:51 PM

easy find the ones dressed in brown wont take but about 15 brown colored guys to get em out of my neck of the woods GEES they need to draft this tribe to go done to IRAQ tell em they taste JUST LIKE CHICKEN
Old 11-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can' t imagine how frustrating that would be, but clydethefishingguide, if you could gun hunt during bow season I' m sure you' d do it too.

Have you tried talking to them and ask them not to hunt near your cabin or stand?
Have you posted signs that say you are hunting in the area?

I wish I could help man, sorry.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is there anything I can do?
If it' s a Minnesota tribe hunting on tribal land in Wisconsin I suggest contacting the Wisconsin tribe. If your cabin is that close to the border that their hunting on their own tribal land , I suggest selling your cabin and finding another one that isn' t bordered by tribal land. It was tribal land long before you ever bought the cabin!

Quick Reply: I' m tired if Tribal Hunting!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.