Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WOLFEN68 BAGS RECORD MASTADON!!! >

WOLFEN68 BAGS RECORD MASTADON!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WOLFEN68 BAGS RECORD MASTADON!!!

Old 11-11-2003, 10:41 AM

Default RE: WOLFEN68 BAGS RECORD MASTADON!!!

I still laugh out loud whenever I re-read this post.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO!!! That was a good one Wolfen but on a real note...I' ve got a question. I come in here to see what kind of success bowhunter' s have been having. This is the first harvest thread I have ever seen you post. Am I right? Also I have heard you mention on many of occasions that you have harvested a good handful of pope n young bucks? Again, I have not seen them. Did I overlook them? Just wondering.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.bowsite.com/bsreg/lookup.cfm?bcrid=97078

Johnny, Johnny, oh Johnny...callin' a brother out huh[] I never spent the time to learn how to post pics on this site but the link above is to a site that is quite user friendly so I have posted pics there. There are a few popers there. I' ll be spending this next week going after another one. BTW how is your gun shooting these days...still like the putrid smell of gun powder?[]
Old 11-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I' m impressed. Very nice collection indeed! Whew.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, Steve, can' t wait to see some pics!!!
Old 11-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

wolfen,

I would say congradulations but I am very much against mastadon drives as I find it very unsportsman like. It takes much more skill to set up a stand and rattle up a mastadon than it does to shoot one on a drive. A trophy is not a trophy unless you shoot a hand carved recurve bow with hand carved arrows while stalking in deer skin mocasins and loin cloth. These drive hunts, hot weather ballons, and new fangled equipment are causing the " bastardization" of mastadon hunting as we know it. So wolfen in my opion you are not a mastadon " hunter" but rather a pimp to the bastardazation of hunting[]
Old 11-11-2003, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

silent...the mastadon was driven, this is true, but I ripped apart his jugular with my bare hands as my 88-year old granddaddy strangled him with a cardeer necklace.[>:] It don' t get more primitive than that! But if it makes you feel better, you can call me the pimp daddy of mastadon hunting. []
Old 11-11-2003, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone can kill a mastadon..... My weekend consisted of calling in saber tooth tigers. I' d lie naked in the snow, with nothing but a pair of pliers. With each scream as I pulled out my fingernails, the large toothed beast move closer and closer, until it finally pounced on me. Using my black belt ninja training, I was able to render the beast unconcious with my vulcan death grip. It was then when I mixed up a deadly poison from a secret family recipe, and using a rattlesnake fang I injected the poison into the beast, killing it instantly. My 104 year old grandma then helped me carry the critter out of the woods, as it was a 4.73 mile transport. Now that' s the sporting way to do things
Old 11-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck Steve, I have no reason to call you out. I just wanted to see these bucks you have been talkin' about. Damn nice deer no doubt. I finally got to put a face with the name. Nice cold front coming through your neck of the woods tomorrow and should put you in the upper 20' s for low' s come Thursday morning with high' s in the mid to upper 40' s. Go get ' em.
Yep, still love the putrid smell of gun powder. I got me a solid 10 pt. last year which was the first deer I' ve shot off my property in 7 years. Had a nice 8 pt. come in yesterday evening down at my granddad' s which is a mile from my house. He was tailing a doe but kept skirting the old road bed that I' m hunting. Dark fell so he will live another day. I' ve seen alot of young bucks but I' m still holding out on a mature whitetail. It gets frustrating. I' ll be hunting this cold front when it comes through on Thursday. Here' s a 12 pt. my old man got last week with split g-2' s.

Old 11-11-2003, 01:37 PM

Wimp,
I was with you right up to the black belt ninja part. How unsporting can you be? That martial arts training is as bas as high fences on 15 acres. It will be the ruin of our sport. Might be your cup of tea, but not for me. Good old street fighting tactics only.

Quick Reply: WOLFEN68 BAGS RECORD MASTADON!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.