Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many use a loop?  Advantages..Disadvantages? >

How many use a loop? Advantages..Disadvantages?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many use a loop? Advantages..Disadvantages?

Old 11-10-2003, 02:53 PM

Default How many use a loop? Advantages..Disadvantages?

I don' t shoot with a loop, but I was wondering how many guys do and don' t use one. From what I understand and what I was told...shooting with a loop causes you to loose a few fps and there always is a chance of the loop breaking. Now I understand that your release will start to wear on the serving, but if you do any amount of shooting...shouldn' t you really replace your string every couple of years anyway. In that amound of time, your string will wear out before your serving. Right? Just wondering what you guys think...
Old 11-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How many use a loop? Advantages..Disadvantages?

I shoot a pretty hot setup so I tried it to increase my consistency and it did help that. I may have lost a few fps to the loop but I also eliminated one nock and an eliminator button so I think I gained them back. I am not worried about it breaking either, it seems pretty stout.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:20 PM

I shoot a pretty hot setup so I tried it to increase my consistency and it did help that.
To help in the consistency of your shot groupings? If so, how does a loop help that?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

By pulling from directly behind the arrow it reduces/eliminates torque than can be placed on the string with a regular setup.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:31 PM

TBONE whats makes a bow HOT? speed accurace or just the name? i wanna kno if i have a hot bow
Old 11-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any bow that has a nice curvy figure, 36-24-36 are nice measurements!!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 07:45 PM

LMFAO TBONE you got me rollin i do belive i like those measurments i sure hope my bow has em and if it does you kno i got a snug fit with it
Old 11-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a loop as well.

Apart from hooking directly up behind the nock a loop also reduces nock pinch which will happen on longer draw lenghts with shorter AtA.

I have also found a loop gives me a cleaner release.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:38 PM

I have to agree with everyone.

My 30yd groups went from 4" to less than 3" when I added a loop.

And as far as wear on the serving goes. I can wear out 2 servings on a string before the string is worn out, so there is a lot of benefit there.

I have been shooting a loop for several years and I have never had one break or fail. I always have mine installed by my bow tech.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

As mentioned, a string loop helps to evenly distribute force above and below the nock itself so you get more of an even distribution of energy upon release. This should, theoretically, improve accuracy. I switched to a loop at the end of last season and saw an instant increase in my accuracy level. However, I used what is commonly termed a " low loop" where the arrow is actually nocked above the top knot of the loop and a served-in nock is used instead of a brass one. This would seem to go against the theory that the equal force distribution alone was responsible for the increase in accuracy. I would like to think that Ausie' s suggestion of a crisper release may play a part in it.

Quick Reply: How many use a loop? Advantages..Disadvantages?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.