Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Another bow hunt >

Another bow hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another bow hunt

Old 10-25-2021, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Another bow hunt

With my Wisconsin Archery buck tag filled, I loaded up my gear and headed out of state for to do some bowhunting.

Because I have a total knee replacement coming up soon, I planned to hunt from the ground.

Here are some pictures and video of that trip.

I did some decoying and hunted from a ground blind.

I had one buck skirt my position. He never saw the decoy. He did not respond to grunt calls.

Before it got dark this back arrived.

This buck left and then returned and circled the decoy offering a 20 yard quartering shot. My shot was a pass through heart shot.

Here is the homemade 250 grain, 6 blade broadhead after I pulled the arrow from the ground.

I was testing an arrow mounted tracking telemetry nock Ive been working on for 3 years. Here is the track job using the signal from the device.

I also used my thermal capable drone to get video footage of the carcass location. Here is that video.

the broadhead does a good job on the heart.

When I shot I heard the "Click" of the broadhead blades hitting bone. Normally that is the sound of hitting ribs but this sounded different. I hit the Humerus bone with 2 blades of the broadhead taking out pieces of the bone.

When I got home I did a euro mount of the skull and processed the buck saving some of the trim for canning since I like canned venison.

https://youtu.be/F_IgdSFIbvI 38 pints of tender and juicy canned deer meat.

Old 10-25-2021, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Canned venison is hard to beat!

-Jake
Old 10-30-2021, 12:54 AM
Bartender

Good stuff!