Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
The weather cooled off so I killed him >

The weather cooled off so I killed him

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The weather cooled off so I killed him

Old 09-22-2021, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default The weather cooled off so I killed him

On the opening weekend of the WI archery deer season a 10 pointer came in but it was very hot (near 90 F) so I passed on him knowing cooler weather was coming. Instead, I shot him with my camera.

I didnt have to wait long. A few days later, I was hunting and he returned and with the temps about 25 degrees cooler I took him. This is 5 years in a row Ive taken a 10 point on my land with a bow and arrow.

I took him with my homemade 6 blade, 250 grain broadhead. Total arrow weight, 800 grains from a 65 pound bow. The head does a wicked job on the lungs. Ive taken 10 different species in 2 countries with this head in the last 2 years. Its proving to be very effective.

I then got some thermal drone carcass location footage for my video library. (Link below)

Old 09-22-2021, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to you on a fine whitetail
Old 09-23-2021, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good going!