Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shot my buck

Old 11-10-2003, 08:19 AM

Default I shot my buck

Hey evryone i just shot my 3rd buck of my life this mornin im only 16 and im proud of him.. hes a 13" 6point nothin massive but i figure y not wrk ur way up rite! I would like to thank you fellow hunters for your tips..and for anyone who questions " the can" dont.... heres the story!!!!!

I woke up at around 6:15 and by 6:45 i was out of my home and walking 2 my spot...although it was almost light i took my time..there was a rather deep frost last nite so evrything was crunchy....anywho i decided to hunt in an old ladder stand that had been near a clear cut for about 2 years or so..i got up now about 7:05 or so and started calling... a couple bleats from the quaker boy bleat can and a few grunts...nothin so i rattled for a minute or so....wen i heard a deer burst out of the clear cut...a doe, which was quickly followed by another deer ,a buck!!!!!!!!. So i bleated and grunted at him but he was hot on the doe... minutes later they came back and returned to the clear cut... I was kinda dissapointed but,, as soon as a sat down i heard a deer walking my way...it was the buck!!! he left the unrecptive doe and was heading for my lovly sounding bleats!!! he was about 40 out wen i drew on him and he came in walking perfect, but wen i grunted 2 stop him he just trotted by,, so i had 2 bring my bpw vertical all while still drawn now goin on like a minute and a half!!! anyways he stops by a pine tree and gives me a quarting away shot at 22 yards.. blood sprayed from his side the second the arrow hit...he ran about 20 yards before he just started walking and the he collaspes not 35 yard from were i shot him....He didnt even hear the shot my new Buckmaster G2 performed flawlessly..infact i belive the bow was cruel because of the small axle 2 axle..it alound me 2 move around the tree.....this is the second buck i have shot were they have fallin in eye site.... I hit a main artery a lung and a liver....he died quick and peacefull...thank you guys for your tips they came in handy best of luck 2 you all...ill get pictures soon...o yeah its a 6 point
Old 11-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I shot my buck

Great job yahny, congrats on the buck and a good story to.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats and thanks for sharing cant wait to see the pic
Old 11-10-2003, 08:29 AM

Shoot em up kid.. Congratulation' s on an exciting hunt.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the buck!!!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:45 AM
New Sheriff

You' re gonna be hard on them deer as you get older. 16 years old with two bucks by bow under your belt...Congrats
Old 11-10-2003, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Great story!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:41 AM

Good job buddy. Ain' t bowhunting great...Nothing like it....
Old 11-10-2003, 08:02 PM

great story,GOD i love it when kids hunt!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations! Good luck on the next one!

Quick Reply: I shot my buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.