Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 used one of my 9 lives tonight, walked up on a huge black bear 20 yards! wow! >

used one of my 9 lives tonight, walked up on a huge black bear 20 yards! wow!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

used one of my 9 lives tonight, walked up on a huge black bear 20 yards! wow!

Old 11-08-2003, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default used one of my 9 lives tonight, walked up on a huge black bear 20 yards! wow!

it was real cold up in ny tonight, so i left the stand early about 15 min before dark, in the town of brunswick near grafton state park, it was windy and noisy and walked with the wind to my truck on a quad trail, when i see black, then movement and more black then a huge bear walking right at me 20 yards away,,PANIC TIME! i was like what the hell do i do, there is no bear hunting in the region, its almost dark, thank god i didnt sit later and came across him,,, so i had an arrow knocked and locked the release on and then stomped my foot and growled like a dog and it ran slowly 50 yards away and circled around me and into a field but never looked back! the landowner is 74 and never seen one, i quess it was my unlucky or lucky day! it was an experience to say the least! kinda like the first time i saw a buck while in the stand, my heart set new records! but what if?? what if i shot him and he got pissed off at me!
Old 11-08-2003, 06:11 PM

Default RE: used one of my 9 lives tonight, walked up on a huge black bear 20 yards! wow!

i hope you got some runnin boots on
Old 11-08-2003, 06:11 PM

Default RE: used one of my 9 lives tonight, walked up on a huge black bear 20 yards! wow!

I' m glad I live where I' M at the top of the food chain.......as far as I know.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:34 PM

i just saw my first bear up close this year, quite a rush isn' t it?
Old 11-09-2003, 01:22 AM

what if i shot him and he got pissed off at me!
I hope you' ve Blue Cross!!!
Old 11-09-2003, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

How tough was it to clean your shorts?! [X(][]
Old 11-09-2003, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have thankfully never had that happen, glad youre ok....i heard they are more unpredictable than most other bears, thatis what i heard, could be wrong, but any bear that close is too close for me...
Old 11-09-2003, 06:44 PM

I know what you mean. I' ve had one mountain lion experience and two bear experiences out here in Colorado. All of them got my heart racing. After I cleaned my shorts, I got to thinking I wish I hadn' t scared them off so fast cause they' re so beautiful to look at...but not at 20 yards and coming!
Old 11-09-2003, 06:50 PM

I co-worker shot a black bear with a bow earlier this year and it tried to climb the stand after he shot it! The bear did die but imagine what that bear would have done to you if you didn' t get a clean heart shot. Scary stuff.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha, pretty cool aint it? Its always a rush to see them that close. The property and area I hunt has quite a few bears. I always have to keep my eye' s peeled, especially going on before light. Kinda spooky when you hear something in front of you and ya can' t see what it is. Oh, well, you really dont have too much to worry about. They are more afraid of you and have more to worry about than you do.

If I were you, I' d forget about washing them undies and pitch em.

Quick Reply: used one of my 9 lives tonight, walked up on a huge black bear 20 yards! wow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.