Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
For all the bowhunting theorists out there >

For all the bowhunting theorists out there

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all the bowhunting theorists out there

Old 03-09-2021, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

Why so upset and emotional??? No need for you to get so angry. Chill Tiger.

I own a bowhunting products company. I work for several other bowhunting companies. I invent and design and make bowhunting tools so I get to travel around the globe testing them. I cant always wait for a season to open in my state. My clients cant wait either so I test bowhunting products on live critters no matter where they reside.Public land, private, my leases, low fence, high fence, etc. ive never cared and the products I test dont care and my clients dont care where the critters live. From Hawaii to FL and everywhere in between . In fall, Africa as well. This weekend Im off after pigs to test my new broadhead. Get out there and kill something.You wont be so upset and angry all the time. Bowhunting should make you happy, not all pissy and upset.

Each time I start a bowhuntng topic. You show up like you want to do battle. You seem only to want to be a contrarian and toxic. If my posts upset, you there is an ignore feature that will spare your feelings. Remember your heart. We ought not be over stressing you with words on a screen. I dont seek to trigger you yet you are continually triggered and lashing out. find this very odd.

Last edited by DIY_guy; 03-09-2021 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Seems like I finally hit a nerve. I don't get angry I just don't care for the fact that whatever you believe you want others to believe as gospel when it isn't. Yes I do agree heavy arrows have their place but not necessary all the time. Sometimes depending on the individuals hunting tactics, terrain and cover a heavy arrow could very well be a hindrance rather than an asset. I've explained this in my earlier post but again you say nay!
There are a lot more people out there that would agree with me on everything I've stated than what you've said. And its not because of the ads about speed and KE. Its because its fact.
So I will continue to voice my opinion every time unless this forum becomes like Facebook or Twitter and will stop me from First Amendment righ.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Funny that you think you have a first amendment right here or on any platform you agree to join. FYI you dont understand the first amendment rights here (since there are none). You will want to know that the first amendment means only the the government cant restrict your free speech. It does not mean that a voluntary platform you agreed to join under their terms cant restrict what you write. To that end I will refer you to the rules you agreed to that are non contestable.

https://www.huntingnet.com/articles/...oom-rules.html

You will want to familiarize your self with rule 8 as you have been violating that quite a lot of late.

And rule 17 lest you still think you have a first amendment right here.

You seek not to ad value but simply to be a contrarian. When you are proven wrong you lash out with off topic personal attacks. (see rule 8)

You have found a bowhunting methodology that works for you in your own personal situation and it may very well cost you on a direct heavy bone hit. You traded speed and flat shooting for penetration (even thought you disagree. That is exactly what you have done). Thats cool but know that what I posted is of aid to ALL bowhunters. You will now protest. You have been patterned.

Last edited by DIY_guy; 03-10-2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well I haven't violated any rules I am debating your opinion which this forum allows me to do per rule #8. We can disagree to til the end of time and we likely will because I simply cannot find any justification to shoot arrows 650 grains and heavier UNLESS I was hunting heavy thick skinned game like elephant, hippo, and tough nastys like cape or water buffalo or even the big bears.
My set up 420 gr @ 300 fps (actually 305 fps) is more than adequate for pass throughs on game up to and including moose. I will admit that with this set up I must make my broadhead choice accordingly. Smaller game I can get by with a mechanical head but for the larger species I prefer a good strong all steel fixed blade like Slick Trick. Heck I might have even tried one of your heads if they weren't so awfully heavy.
Now I must go to you next thread and see what fantasies your spewing there!
Old 03-10-2021, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

yes rush on over there and be toxic and combative.