Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
bringing bow into treestand >

bringing bow into treestand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bringing bow into treestand

Old 03-03-2021, 08:54 AM
Spike

Default bringing bow into treestand

the part of my quiver on my compound bow that I tie a rope to bring it into a treestand broke off. could I just tie the rope to one of the holes the main body (not limbs), or is this mechanically bad for the bow.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a snap such as for a dog leash or a carabiner. I normally clip it on the bottom bow cam. Never clip to your string for fear of damaging the nock set or peep sight. I clip it on the bottom cam so when I lower the bow I am not lowering the quivered arrows into the ground nock first thus potentially filling the nocks with dirt. I normally set my pull up rope to a length that keeps the bow off the ground.
Old 03-04-2021, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I normally use paracord and tie my lower bow limb to the rope near the cam. One overhand knot and then a slip knot. Tug on it to be sure its secure and you're ready to go. You're not going to damage the bow limbs by pulling it up to your stand.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have the rope short enough so the bow doesn't touch the ground when attached. Have an "S" hook on the rope and run it through one of the holes in a cam.