Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

asat camo

Old 11-08-2003, 04:44 PM

Default asat camo

i just got my asat camo but haven' t got to try it yet. If you have any tell me what you think about it
Old 11-08-2003, 05:08 PM

Default RE: asat camo

It' s great, nothing but good things to say about it so far this year.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:22 PM

In a word: INCREDIBLE.

I have had mine out on three trips now and have had amazing things happen, or rather, not happen as a result. It is incredible what you can get away with in this camo. For istance, today I sat, none too still because I was freezing my rear off, while 5 doe were bedded around me, four of them with a clear view of me. I was in a tree with just branches in the background. I simply out waited them for an hour and a half, standing up and sitting back down twice, then arrowed a nice little eight point when he came to check on them. This was a stand that I got busted in 4 times previously this season because of the lack of cover after the leaves fell.

I' ve also had several look throughs all ready. It' s great. Heck, I' m so invisible out there I don' t even cast a shadow!
Old 11-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve had mine a week and I' m in love. It still amazes me how effective it is.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love hearing these sorts of stories cause they all mirror mine
Old 11-09-2003, 07:05 AM

Yep, I am very very happy with my ASAT 3-D Leafy Suit. I havn' t had as much testing on deer as these other guys but, I have seen a few deer while in it, and each of these deer should have had me busted.

Yesterday evening, right when shooting light was ending, I had a doe come in. She got to about 20 yards. From her position, there was one tree branch behind me and the rest was sky. Well, I wanted to see if I could mess with her a bit considering that it was too dark to shoot. Well, I started grunting and she turned her head my way, so I grunted again. She lifted her head and looked towards me. She actually tilted her head to a side like dogs do. She started walking towards me trying to find the deer. Well, I just kept grunting. She got to within 4 yards of my stand, and I let out another grunt. She jerked her head up and looked right through me. This deer couldn' t see me and she had no idea as to where the buck was. She got confussed and walked into the woods. She never got nervous, she was just curious. Well she walked into the woods, and then came back out and did a circle around my tree and checked a bedding area behind my stand, then she finally left!

Old 11-09-2003, 09:31 AM

I hunt with BigX and he will be testing the ASAT on Friday. I cant wait to hear and see how well the stuff works first hand. I bet he gets a 10 point the first day just from having more confidence.....GO HOMER!!
Old 11-09-2003, 04:54 PM

Thanks to Aussi-guy I love mine. I just got back from my Ohio hunt on Sat. I shot my first buck with a bow, a nice 8 pt! I am sending you a pic Aussi.

James D.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:43 PM

James D,

Where do you hunt in Ohio?
Old 11-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

James.

Got the pic he is a beauty.

Quick Reply: asat camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.