Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
A wise man once told me >

A wise man once told me

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A wise man once told me

Old 02-24-2021, 11:19 AM
Spike

Default A wise man once told me

Through my travels of the indigenous people. I have came across many sayings that have helped me be a better hunter. 1 That I have yet to crack is this. Cornish game hens fly east for the spring. It baffles me to this day. Many other sayings have helped. 1 I stand by til this day is never hunti\ on the south side of a mudhole. Deer tend to only come to mudholes from the south, and it would be a bad way to be. Also moss grows where turkeys strut. Many things have helped me be a better hunter. Just thought I'd lay a few out for the bowhunting forum. If you find a saddle in the woods. Ride it until you slay the beast. If the winds from the west the deer move best. If its from the east the deer move least. You will always hit the deer in the last place your pin was. Treestands lower than 10 feet and higher than 25 are for the inexpierenced. Hunt from the correct height for a correct kill. If the buck is huge call the nuge. If hes small scrape the wall.