Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Vermont's Opener >

Vermont's Opener

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Vermont's Opener

Old 10-09-2020, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

That's why I've always "saved" my buck tag in PA until gun season. I love to rifle hunt, and pa is a one buck state and the first week in our area is buck only. I wouldn't want to miss out on that.

I figured if I ever saw a real slammer it would be worth taking him. But I've passed lots of little bucks just to save my buck tag for gun season.

-Jake
Old 10-09-2020, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats CI! Glad to see the Xbow worked out and you still have all your fingers
Old 10-11-2020, 01:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations CI!! I shot one yesterday evening with my old Bowtech. The carbon arrow I was using broke up on impact into 3 pieces. That cause the broadhead to angle off somewhat and prevented a blow threw. I was very disappointed in that arrow and I am now rethinking about carbon arrows.. I ended up having some help to find her. Three hours later we found her and was loading her on the truck as a thunderstorm was hitting us. I was some glad that we had found her just before the rain hit.. I was already planning on getting a dog in there in the morning because no way did I want to loose it. As you know deer up this way are hard to come by. Anyway again Congratulations!!