Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2003, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Billy! Would love to see some pics if you can post them.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your first bowkill, to me there is no rush like it in the world!
Old 11-07-2003, 05:47 AM

congrats!!!like my 18yo son said," it' s a better high than any drug can give you,dad.good goin!!
Old 11-07-2003, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on your first....i have a first hog bow kill, still waiting on that deer.....it all comes natural, the pull/release....at least that is the way it' s suppose to be, you did good, real good......
all the guys/and fl. have all these really nice bows, mine is nice , i bought it used, high country for $150.00, i really don' t think that it had anything to do with me getting one, other than it didn' t fail me practice, knowing your abilities and your bow' s ability is the key........
Old 11-07-2003, 06:51 AM

All Right! Congrats! A shelterbelt between two corn fields sounds like an ideal spot indeed.

In the past I had times I did not remember drawing the bow or sighting. In fact once I used completely the wrong pin, I wasn' t thinking. This year I did things a bit more consciously, and paid more attention to the shot sequence.

I had a chance at a nice 4x my first time out also. I blew it by being too picky, but better too picky than taking a bad shot. My hunting buddy says it was beginners luck, he may be right, but I know for sure it' s a good way to get a guy addicted.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

Thats great man, Congrats! Shooting alot in the off season helps make the shot automatic when in that dreamy state. Lord knows you have enough to worry about right!
Old 11-07-2003, 07:11 AM

1 down and a lifetime to go. Congrats on your 1st harvest, I' m sure you' ll never forgert it.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat. Only thing that I' ll add is to try to keep your composure. Its easier said then done, but take some time after the shot get your wits back. It will come easier now that you have your first one. What I do after the shot is to try and find something to occupy myself. Like read something. Also, please read the what to do after the shot forum.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Log

congrats!! it does sound like you went on " autopilot" . that is when you know you are truely one w/ your bow! congrats on a job well done! 4 inches of snow? must be nice! no sign of the white stuff here in lower Michigan. hopeing there is some for firearm opener on the 15th. [8D]
Old 11-07-2003, 04:57 PM

Congrats!

Quick Reply: SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.