Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2003, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hit a lung, went throught guys and all the way out through his back leg, so pretty much my arrow went through his entire body. There was no blood trail, what so ever. I also understand that most deer do have a blood trail when you have an exit wound too, so I' m pretty sure it won' t happen again. I' ve helped my cousin trail a lot of deer he has shot with his bow. If theres a blood trail, I' ll find it. Like I said though my brother went back in the morning and there wasn' t a blood trail at all, I mean nothing.
No matter what you do on this website........theres always somebody.....
Old 11-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what if I wouldn' t of seen the dark spot, but I DID see the dark spot. It' s pretty hard not to see a deer laying out in the middle of a picked cornfield, for all of you that have hunted picked cornfields. Say if I wouldn' t of saw him that night, by some chance, like I said I would of came back in the morning and went out there and I could of seen is PLAIN AS DAY. I made a good shot on the deer, it only ran 65-70 yards, the weird thing is theres no blood trail, and there should of been........I think, that' s all I was saying.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

OK, whatever...........you found him.........yada yada yada.......

You haven' t gotten the point of my post yet, maybe you will, maybe you won' t.

You shot this deer at the wrong angle, you don' t shoot a deer quartering toward you. It leaves very little room for error. The reason for no blood is simple......your arrow went through 1 lung, you say, and then into the guts..........gut shot deer leave little or no blood trail..........the guts cover the hole.........

No matter what you do on this website........theres always somebody.....
I was offering you some good advise, not ragging on you. You seem to know it all though and think you don' t need any......all you wanted was a pat on the back...........I gave you that, but told you what you done wrong. If you can' t take some constructive criticism on what you are doing wrong............please don' t post about your next deer.

You have never stated that you took a bad shot...............you think you did good.

I' m glad you got shot him and recovered him..............I just wish you' d see not all will be that easy and questional shots usually end up in lost deer.

You owe it to the deer to make the best shots you can make............
Old 11-08-2003, 09:32 PM

Congrats Billy
Old 11-08-2003, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

Good thing he only ran 65-70 yards then eh??!
Old 11-08-2003, 11:16 PM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah and by the way I never once stated anyone else was wrong and I was right, so why the harsh words about me being a know it all. I could care less about the " pat on the back" I just thought I' d let you guys know I shot my first archery deer.
bye
Old 11-09-2003, 12:23 AM
voz
Fork Horn

congrates
Old 11-09-2003, 01:18 PM

way to go your hooked now
Old 11-09-2003, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah and by the way I never once stated anyone else was wrong and I was right, so why the harsh words about me being a know it all. I could care less about the " pat on the back" I just thought I' d let you guys know I shot my first archery deer.
bye
You still don' t get it do you?
Old 11-10-2003, 04:21 AM

I have been visting this sight for some time now and never posted anything but could' nt pass this one up. ARmallardslayer nailed it on the head. the shot broadheadbilly took is not a wise shot to take with a bow. congrats on your first bow kill but if you continue to take these kinds of shots all you will be getting more hunting time, HUNTING FOR WOUNDED DEER!!!![:' (][:@]

Quick Reply: SHOT MY FIRST EVER ARCHERY DEER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.