Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scrape experiment >

Scrape experiment

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scrape experiment

Old 11-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Scrape experiment

....interesting thread. I am glad to see that someone else is having more luck than myself. The scrapes that I frequent have not been utilized recently...
Old 11-16-2003, 07:21 PM

The scrape has gone dry...no action since I spooked the big 7 or 8 pointer. He was a big deer with a pretty decent rack. I do believe he was the maker of the scrape. Saturday I put a few drops of Tinks 69 on it just to see if it gets any new action. I will only check the woods once in a couple of days and that will be it until rifle season opens on Dec.1. Oh well, early archery has struck out for me this year.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:39 PM

Last weekend I peed in a scrape that was about 25 yds from my stand. Right at dusk a Big 4 pt came in running a doe. the doe ran right past the scrape and when the buck got to the scrape he stopped dead in his tracks and stood there smelling the scrape. The doe had stopped about 30 yds pass the scrape and started feeding. The buck walked pass her, unalarmed, and checked another scrape that I had peed in the day before. He freshened that scrape. Then took off after the doe again. Real interesting! No shot due to the 3 pts. on one side rule. The guys at the camp couldn' t believe that I did that. I told them that the guys on the internet said it was OK so I tried it. I will be doing it from now on.
Good Luck!
Old 11-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out turkey hunting yesterday and decided to pee in a scrape I stumbled across. Went hiking through there again today and sure enough the scrap was tore up. Just my luck that the season ended Saturday.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:21 PM

I forgot to check back on this post. When i first peed on the scrape it was nothing more and just a cleared off spot. It is no about twice as big around and 2-3 inches deep into the ground maybe 4 inches in the deepest spot. I have seen one buck chasing a doe and stop right on it and freshin it up a little. If i keep peeing on it, the farmer is gonna get mad for me diggin holes in the edge of his feild
Old 11-17-2003, 12:31 PM

just curious - you been drinking coffee before peeing in the scrape ? I wonder if what you ate/drank prior to peeing affects how a deer reacts ............ I once read about a guy who just ate apples, nuts, & other stuff that deer eat before going hunting, so if he had to pee, it would smell more natural ...........
Old 11-17-2003, 03:07 PM

hmm.... thats an interesting theory still waitin. no coffee here, most likely drank soda and water before that.
Old 11-17-2003, 03:25 PM

You need to pee in everyone of them and then tell me where you live and I will contact the neighbors and come hunting. By the way my buddy thinks you are an idiot.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:13 PM

By the way my buddy thinks you are an idiot
LOL! thats too funny!

I think lady forge has used this to her advantage several times......as well as some other feminine by-products
thats just nasty...
Old 11-17-2003, 04:27 PM

I would be interested in knowing if anyone drinks coffee prior to " donating." I have about an hour drive from home to my stand and require a big cup on the drive. It never fails, about 30 minutes after I get up the tree in my climber, mother nature calls.

I read an article where a guy answered the call from his tree stand. He said the deer that came by stopped to smell the leaves and ground where he went.

Quick Reply: Scrape experiment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.