Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pic and story of my 8 point >

Pic and story of my 8 point

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pic and story of my 8 point

Old 11-05-2003, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pic and story of my 8 point

Ok well I' m going to try and get the picture up first...........hang tight!

Old 11-05-2003, 06:08 PM

Default RE: Pic and story of my 8 point

nice buck.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:10 PM

Congrats Mantis that is a wide rack. Nice looking buck
Old 11-05-2003, 06:11 PM

nice buck
Old 11-05-2003, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck. Congrats!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Real nice one buddy.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Cool it' s up!

Isn' t he beautiful!!

Nov, 1st 2003 at 4:30pm he stood slightly quartered with my 20yrd pin nestled on a hair covering his boiler room. Wait a minute!!!! I gotta tell ya the events leading up to. I was pulling a stand that I only hunted one night. It' s a new farm and land is unfamilar so before I did I walked 100yds further into the ridge to scout. I found a bench! A small one but it' s a small ridge. I also found a scrape with a huge hoof print in it. All the while I' m getting happy and lookin at the trees. They all suck but I found one that had only a semi-lean to it. This stand I can hunt with a NE wind or close to it. I don' t have my hand saw with me so I mark the two saplings mentaly and off to work I go. BTW I saved all my time off and vacation for bow season. Only have to work five shifts all season! O yeah you know your envious of that! Anyway I forgot to tell ya about the mock scrape I made next to the real deal. Ten yards away, all I did was kick the leaves in one direction like I always see the real scrapes done and urinated in it. While kicking leaves I uncovered some deer crap and said " why not" and put it in the middle for good luck. I didn' t touch the overhanging branch or screw with anything, just hung the stand and took a leak in a scrape I kicked up with my rubber boots. The following night I have a NE wind. A little soon I figured but what the he11 I went for it. So there I am cutting my two lanes and being very careful not to leave my stink. I looked at the two scrapes and it was hard to tell if they were freshened. It' s warm, I' m not having the high hopes I usually do but It' s a very good location and you never know right! Well at 4:30 he' s walking the rim of the bench, up on the ridge just out of range coming in maybe. Just to make sure I grunted three or so times and it seemed to do the trick. He' s rubbing trees and headin in. Thank god for rubbers! No, well Yeah but No I meen rubber boots! He' s sniffing the ground right were I was trimming my lane. He raises his head and licks some branches and heads towards what I' m guessing is his scrape. He will never arrive at his scrape though. I changed all that! Double lung pass through. He went 200yds....yeah I know but it was the back end of the lungs so maybe that' s why. What an awesome hunt and great time. This $hit will never get old! Well Thanks for listening to the rambling and good luck to everyone else this year. Thanks also for spending your time on this site helping others who are less informed![:-]
Old 11-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beauty!!! Good Luck on the next one!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:37 PM

wish they grew ' em that big down south!!! nice one....i got my first bow buck this year too. only 6 though. LOVE THE LORD... JESUS THE CHRIST!!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Pic and story of my 8 point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.