Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Suburban deer culling with a bow >

Suburban deer culling with a bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Suburban deer culling with a bow

Old 10-29-2019, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

Archery suburban cull deer number 8 for me this fall and archery deer number 9 total for this fall ( I took another deer with my bow that was not part of this city/town deer reduction program). This one was a huge doe. That's 9 deer with the same Woodsman broadhead. Shoot, re-sharpen and repeat. My prior record for deer killed with a single re-sharpened broadhead was 7. I see more kills in this heads future. When I dropped the head off for CWD testing (a requirement of this program), I see there were many heads in the freezer at the drop off in Delafield including one very large buck about 17 inches wide and lots of mass. My homemade ramp and the sled is a real back saver.

Old 10-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very interesting drop-off system. Racks look so odd with a bag like that---less like a whitetail and more like claws.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Another victim of the Woodsman broadhead for the Suburban deer culling program. when I got home there was enough daylight to go after some local suburban deer. This might be the biggest doe Ive taken with a bow in a long time. Look how big she is compared to the sled she is hanging above. This is archery deer number 12 for the year. The woodsman head cut off all the plumbing at the top of the heart. pass through with a 50 yard run and crash.

Old 12-10-2019, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

Another municipality nuisance deer as part of the reduction program. This is archery deer number 13 for me for calendar 2019. Another doe. Woodsman broadhead again.