Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Small FOOD PLOT question >

Small FOOD PLOT question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Small FOOD PLOT question

Old 07-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Small FOOD PLOT question

I'm getting ready to put in a very small food plot for this coming Fall deer hunting. I have already prepped the piece of ground I intend on plowing. I have sent out the soil to be analyzed to determine how much fertilizer and lime. My question is, with the dimensions I have recorded in the enclosed photo of the food plot, what percentage of an acre am I looking at, 1/16, 1/32, 1/8th.? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Small FOOD PLOT question-foodplot-02.jpg  
Old 07-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know how to calculate this area of property as far as breaking down an acre.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

an acre is about 70 yards by 70 yards in a square, there are online calculators that will get you exact numbers if you care to use one
https://www.checkyourmath.com/conver...ards_acres.php

MY guess off top of my head and or how I would buy seed and lime and such, would be call it a MIN of a 1/4 acre there and go from there
as most all first time plots need more lime and seed and such the first time, to get a good take, as many seeds and such don;t grow right,a s LIME and PH levels are never corrected!

something to consider is, the SOONER you get the lime down the better, and you really DON"T Need to PLOW The site, just scuff the soil up to mix in the lime with the dirt, and again sooner done the better lime is a SLOW working deal to change any PH levels! your seed and fertilizer add at time of planting!

Last edited by mrbb; 07-07-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you square up your field, its what 15x37 yards? roughly, if my math is right!
then things would be at

0.1147 acres!

I
Old 07-08-2019, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you all.