Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who urinates in a Scrape?! >

Who urinates in a Scrape?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who urinates in a Scrape?!

Old 11-03-2003, 07:45 PM

Default Who urinates in a Scrape?!

I just read an article in a hunting magazine about scents and lures. This hunter will actually urinates in a scrape before he hunts that area. Do any of yall do this? Ive never heard of it and I would think that it would spook the deer.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who urinates in a Scrape?!

Yep I do it every chance I get. I uninate in every scrape I can. It works too, I have the photos to prove it.

Heck I' ve got a good one for you. A couple weeks ago I found a small dried up scrape on an old grown over log road. I cleaned the leaves out with a stick and urinated in it. 2 days later I came back and there were 4, count them 4 NEW scrapes, on the log road within 20 yrds of the one I urinated in. The original scrape I urinated in had been cleaned out and was alot bigger than before. There was also a new scrape within 3 ft of it, under another limb on the same tree.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:11 PM

I have heard that you can do this and it will not scare the deer but then again they said the titanic wouldn' t sink either. So I will not be using my own urine to freshen any scrapes any time soon!!
Old 11-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I did last night on the way out of the woods! I' ll be going back soo to see whats up! I know this is a big buck he has some pretty big rubs next to it and the branches above the scrape are big and all busted up! Plus there is another rub and scrape at a pine tree and the rub is from my eye level to my feet around a tree I can' t get my hands around! This pine tree is tore up big time! I have seen the buck across the field twice now and his body is cowlike! I got within 60 yards of him after I pissed in his scrape! I hope I get a decent chance at him!
Old 11-03-2003, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve done it to and it works!
Old 11-04-2003, 01:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only place I pee is in the woods.I will even walk outback in the middle of the night when I wake up and just walk outthe back door. Yep I did it in a scrape and the next day it was all tore up.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:22 AM

Never tried it but from what I have been reading I am gonna give it a shot this weekend. It cant hurt I havent been seeing deer anyway.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting ... I' ll have to give it a try.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:20 AM

Thanks for the input. At first I thought this guy was nuts, but I think I might have to try this myself.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, I just did this on Saturday but I have not had a chance to head back there to check it out since then. I would be interested to see if it had any effect...good or bad.

Quick Reply: Who urinates in a Scrape?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.