Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Gators and hogs with a bow >

Gators and hogs with a bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gators and hogs with a bow

Old 02-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have yet to get a Gator with my bow in FL but did I get this but I didn't have a tag for it so it was catch and release.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

Im back home after a week in sunny Florida. The trip was great. The weather was great (never saw a drop of rain)

The trip was a great success. I was able to get an 11 footer. Lots of great meat. I'll have the hide tanned and do a euro mount of the skull and preserve the claws. We spent a lot of time glassing and doing spot and stalks on several gators. They have better eyes and ears than I thought. This potato, corn, bean and watermelon farm has a lot of free range, wild gators roaming the irrigation canals. We wore out a lot of boot leather and sun screen and bottles of water.

We did a stalk on a large gator sunning himself in the pads, I got to within 10 yards directly above him, drew the 55 pound bow and unleashed a 1700 grain arrow which hit a scute (boney bump in rows down his back) and the arrow bounced off. I got zero penetration on that shot. Hitting a scute with a arrow, results in a pissed off gator and lots of splashing and nothing more.

Link to the Video of the hunt below.

https://youtu.be/f86OgE45_VA

Old 02-25-2019, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Now that's cool!!

How did you do on hogs, and I wanna see that gator skull when you're done with it
-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 02-25-2019 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

Got my 2019 archery dinosaur skull back.

https://youtu.be/MGnpfdG7q6s
Old 05-14-2019, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Very very interesting and cool to see

-Jake
Old 06-25-2019, 01:49 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DIY_guy
After looking at many gator outfitters I went with Ross Hammock Ranch for my "high Fence" gator hunt with a bow. I say "High fence" because to some, any time you hire and outfitter in a diff state for game animals you dont have access to in your home state, some want to pretend you are hunting in a "pen".
Nice, interesting!
Old 07-02-2019, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by havip
Good luck I'm excited to see the results of the hunt
Huh? all the results were posted right above your post.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DIY_guy
Im back home after a week in sunny Florida. The trip was great. The weather was great (never saw a drop of rain)

The trip was a great success. I was able to get an 11 footer. Lots of great meat. I'll have the hide tanned and do a euro mount of the skull and preserve the claws. We spent a lot of time glassing and doing spot and stalks on several gators. They have better eyes and ears than I thought. This potato, corn, bean and watermelon farm has a lot of free range, wild gators roaming the irrigation canals. We wore out a lot of boot leather and sun screen and bottles of water.

We did a stalk on a large gator sunning himself in the pads, I got to within 10 yards directly above him, drew the 55 pound bow and unleashed a 1700 grain arrow which hit a scute (boney bump in rows down his back) and the arrow bounced off. I got zero penetration on that shot. Hitting a scute with a arrow, results in a pissed off gator and lots of splashing and nothing more.

Link to the Video of the hunt below.

https://youtu.be/f86OgE45_VA

A really nice shot you’ve got.
jice hit