Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 !!! No Luck (EVER)!!! >

!!! No Luck (EVER)!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

!!! No Luck (EVER)!!!

Old 11-02-2003, 06:24 PM

Default !!! No Luck (EVER)!!!

This is my forth year bow hunting and I have yet to get one.[:' (] I love going out, but it' s getting kinda frustrating not getting one yet. I' ve had a few close calls, but I always seem to blow it. Every time I go out I just don' t expect to get a shot anymore. Sometimes I feel like I' m just wasting my time, but I guess that the longing for my first one is what keeps me going. Any tips?
Old 11-02-2003, 07:33 PM
New Sheriff

Default RE: !!! No Luck (EVER)!!!

without knowing you or your situation, I would suggest maybe pick one detail and concentrate on it (ie-scent, stand placement, etc..) Once you master one, move to the next one.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:44 PM
tk
Spike

No worries my man. Just keep at it and you will get your deer. I know the feeling of thinking you are just wasting your time but you can' t get a deer unless you are in the stand. If you have any questions everyone here will be happy to help you and I am sure if you keep getting out there you will get your deer. And if it makes you feel better one of my dad' s friends hunted almost 10 years before he got his first bow kill. Don' t worry you will get your shot.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:56 PM

One of my ex-employees hunted (rifle and bow) for 14 years before he saw his first deer. Actually, in that weekend he saw 4 deers in bow range....missed them due to buck fever (he shot twice on Sat. and twice on Sun.)...he had the shakes. But just seeing those deers were worth his time....he couldn' t stop telling everyone who was willing to listen!!!! Good luck to you, and keep at it.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

I hunted 3 years before i ever took a deer with archery. once it happened, i have been successful ever since. just takes time to put things in order and learn what your doing. i took my first 6 deer with a bow before i ever gun or muzzle loaded for deer. hang in there.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowbuck, sounds like you' re at least seeing deer. Are they out of range? If so you may want to rethink your stand location. Get a little closer to the action or find a funnel the naturally pushes them towards your stand.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:54 PM

hey Bowbuck it took me 10 years to get my first one but since then I have been successfull every year keep with it man it will pay off and the first one will be forever burned into your memory
Old 11-02-2003, 09:10 PM

Man the first one is always the hardest. But believe me when you finally do get one it will be well worth the effort!!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 10:34 PM

Man do I know the feeling.

I hunted with my brother for 6 years before I got my first one. It was this year.

We hunted the same stands and I even let him pick my stands at times.

He has been very lucky, killed two his first year and his first buck was with a bow, an 11pt. I finally got mine this year. Saw 12 first 3 days hunting. Killed a doe on the 3rd day of the season. 1 week later killed a wild hog. Something that my brother has yet to do and has missed 2 this year. Then I killed another deer 2 weeks after the first one.

I used to hunt only weekends. Now I take my vacations during bow season. Have killed everything this year on week days. I have even passed on some others that I could have shot.

I used to be the same way. I had missed one every year that I had bow hunted until last year. Even missed 3 one year. All of them were beyond 30 yds. Last year, I said, No shots over 25 yds. I can missed at 30, but can I hit at less than 20. And I practice a lot. I just get the shakes, even at does. No more shakes. My first kill was at 9 yds, 7 years in the making. I had to let a spike go by me first to get the shot on her. I passed one shot last year, because I judged it to be 28 yds. It was actually 24. But I didn' t miss. This year is looking good for me.

Hang in there, you' ll eventually get there.

By the way, It was 7 years between my first rifle kill and the second.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:38 AM

This is my seventh year with the bow and I know how you feel. I havent got one with the bow yet!! I was thinking that myself on thursday I am just wasting my time. But when the next time to go rolls around I am back out there. I have shot my share of bucks with the shotgun, but havent had the chance yet with the bow. Its a little frustrating I know.

Quick Reply: !!! No Luck (EVER)!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.