Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Posted!! Keep Out!! >

Posted!! Keep Out!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Posted!! Keep Out!!

Old 11-01-2003, 06:46 PM

Default Posted!! Keep Out!!

ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR GETTING RID OF POACHERS. I JUST BOUGHT 160 ACRES FOR A DEER LEASE AND I CANT SEEM TO KEEP PEOPLE OUT. THE LAND HASNT EVER BEEN HUNTED THAT WE KNOW OF AND IT IS SURROUNDED
BY THOUSANDS OF ACRES OF HUNTING PROPERTY FROM A TIMBER COMPANY. I CANT TELL IF ITS HUNTERS FROM THE OTHER LEASE OR PEOPLE LIVING IN THE NEARBY AREA. IVE TALKED TO BOTH LETTING THEM KNOW THAT THIS IS NOW A PRIVATE HUNTING CLUB. THEY WERE ALL VERY NICE, IN A FUNNY KIND OF WAY. IVE PUT NUMEROUS POSTED SIGNS, HUNTING CLUB SIGNS ,FENCES AND GATES. I WENT OUT THERE THIS AFTERNOON AND THERE WAS A FRESH CIGAR ON THE GROUND AND FRESH FOUR WHEELER MARKS. IVE GOT A MAJOR DEER CROSSING AREA ON MY PROPERTY, WITH LARGE DEER TRACKS, SOME SCRAPES AND RUBS. I DONT THINK I WILL BE HARVESTING ANYTHING BUT POACHERS IF I CANT PUT THIS TO AN END. What else can i do?
Old 11-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Posted!! Keep Out!!

First layoff the caps man.............

Have your land officially posted at the court house......and mark it however yall do it there..........then if anyone is caught there...........the cops will cite them for trespassing.........some people have to learn the hard way........getin their pocket book!
Old 11-01-2003, 07:36 PM

[quote] Posted!! Keep Out!!

I just bought 160 acres for hunting. Its surrounded by thousands of acres of hunting area from a timber company. Ive put out signs, fences, gates. Ive talked to hunters from surrounding leases that have stands near my property and some guys that live nearby. I went out there this afternoon and there was a fresh cigar on the ground and fresh four wheeler tracks. It looks like i want be harvesting anything but poachers this year if i cant keep them out. Any suggestions?
Old 11-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Patrol and prosecute. Let them know you are serious, let them know you are for real. The posting is fair warning no 2nd chances.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:40 PM

ask them if they plan to continue to hunt on your privatly owned land, and if so ask them for a porshen(sp) of the lease payment, let them know where the line is so that you know that, they' ve been told where the line is.

but definatly do what ARMallardSlayer suggested. then start making the learn after that
Old 11-01-2003, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: dwhod

ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR GETTING RID OF POACHERS. I JUST BOUGHT 160 ACRES FOR A DEER LEASE AND I CANT SEEM TO KEEP PEOPLE OUT. THE LAND HASNT EVER BEEN HUNTED THAT WE KNOW OF AND IT IS SURROUNDED
BY THOUSANDS OF ACRES OF HUNTING PROPERTY FROM A TIMBER COMPANY. I CANT TELL IF ITS HUNTERS FROM THE OTHER LEASE OR PEOPLE LIVING IN THE NEARBY AREA. IVE TALKED TO BOTH LETTING THEM KNOW THAT THIS IS NOW A PRIVATE HUNTING CLUB. THEY WERE ALL VERY NICE, IN A FUNNY KIND OF WAY. IVE PUT NUMEROUS POSTED SIGNS, HUNTING CLUB SIGNS ,FENCES AND GATES. I WENT OUT THERE THIS AFTERNOON AND THERE WAS A FRESH CIGAR ON THE GROUND AND FRESH FOUR WHEELER MARKS. IVE GOT A MAJOR DEER CROSSING AREA ON MY PROPERTY, WITH LARGE DEER TRACKS, SOME SCRAPES AND RUBS. I DONT THINK I WILL BE HARVESTING ANYTHING BUT POACHERS IF I CANT PUT THIS TO AN END. What else can i do?
i would put out a game camera and try to catch them that away,and put up more signs and try to watch the area more.you will getum hang in there.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 11-01-2003, 09:11 PM

All you have to do is shoot one of them.The rest will get the message.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

A handful of roofing nails will take care of them 4 wheelers. The tracks will tell you where they are crossing the line and where they are coming from. Visit them and take notice of who is smoking a cigar and has a 4 wheeler.Narrow it down. Let them see you walk around with a assault weapon everywhere you go on the land.Once and a while when they are up at there lease rattle off a couple hundred rounds in to a target.Get one of those human targets and mark tresspasers on it,Fill it up with holes. They will get the message from the lead.Make them think your crazy.When I firs moved here I made sure people seen me with my AK everywhere I went while on the property.I even mowed the lawn with it on my back. They got the message.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

That' s what I was thinking, Buckjuice.

Sag.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

I' m with buckjuice... just pepper that ass with some ratt-shot!

Quick Reply: Posted!! Keep Out!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.