Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Great Night But ????? >

Great Night But ?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great Night But ?????

Old 11-01-2003, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Great Night But ?????

Man tonight was awsome. Got in the stand at 3:30 and was enjoying the breeze and began to here what sounded like antlers really banging together.My first thought was it was another hunter ratteling too early.I kept listening and my curiosity got the best of me when I kept hearing movement in the direction the ratteling was coming from.I got out my grunt call and grunted litely a couple of times and sounded like a bulldozer coming thru the trees.When the noise got to within 60 to 75yards it stopped I sat quitly for about 10 min..Nothing moved and no noises not even a bird chirping.I grunted once again because it was getting dark and saw a nice buck stick his head around a tree 65 yards .Now Im trying too settle myself down because it is getting dark quick.I grunted one more time and he did not seem to impressed so I let him walk off as it got to dark to shoot.I already have plans to be there first thing in the morning with my featherlight decoy and try again.He the best I could see was definatly pushing 10 points and maybe one drop on his left side.My crappy bino' s shure did not help tonight and I will be looking into some new ones.
Man if I can only bring him in another 30 or so yards I can bring him home.Im hoping the decoy will give me that advantage .
Wish me luck so far I have only got a doe and we have almost ate all of it ,he shure would make alot of good meals.Even better would look good on my wall.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:22 PM

Default RE: Great Night But ?????

good luck bubba keep us posted
Old 11-02-2003, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Great Night But ?????

Don' t forget to scent up your decoy!