Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What' s the most economical climber out there? New BowHunter to the Ranks! >

What' s the most economical climber out there? New BowHunter to the Ranks!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What' s the most economical climber out there? New BowHunter to the Ranks!

Old 10-30-2003, 09:54 PM

Default What' s the most economical climber out there? New BowHunter to the Ranks!

New to the ranks,just got my first bow a reflex teton, now am looking to get a lightweight climber(only have access to public land and want to avoid theft of a permanent stand) any suggestions ?
Old 10-30-2003, 10:04 PM

Default RE: What' s the most economical climber out there? New BowHunter to the Ranks!

can' t go wrong with an ol' man. i love mine and they are very easy to set up. only takes a minute or so. they aren' t to heavy and are priced pretty well at about $200.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:16 PM

Default RE: What' s the most economical climber out there? New BowHunter to the Ranks!

Thanks , but am looking for around the $100 range, just sunk alot of cash into the initial setup so have limited resources for a while.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:02 AM

i felt the same way when i started too, put too much into the bow and didnt have much left for a stand.

but then i read a few posts here and the thing you must ask your self is which is more important, my bow or my life.

Wait until you can afford $200 or so and get a decent stand soemthing like a summit or ol' man that is quiet, sturdy and safe.

If your life isnt worth much then head to Wal-Mart, they have a few for <$100
Old 10-31-2003, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

About the best stand in the $100 range would be the Hunter' s view Hawk treestand. Or you can look on Ebay for a good used one.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Though I normally prefer to refer to specific stands instead of a place or manufacturer, in this case I am going to refer you to Cabelas. They have some " house climbers" made by either Warrant and Sweat or another company that retail in the $100 range. I cannot comment on the weight issue as I don' t remember exactly how heavy they were...though I am guessing they were relatively close to what most of the other major companies offer.

www.cabelas.com
Old 10-31-2003, 06:52 AM

lol good point Krotalus, like to think my life is worth more than 100bucks...and would like to be around long enough to get more than 100 bucks! I' ve looked at the hunter' s view and have checked out cabela' s....Thank You for all the input...found a couple used climbers for sale in the area and am going to check them out ...then maybe will have to be really really nice to wife and hope for an early x-mas present!
Old 10-31-2003, 08:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-31-2003, 08:53 AM
jec

I have an old climber I bought at Wal-Mart too for around $99 about 4 years back. I can' t remember the namebrand, but it is pretty well made, and gets the job done. Doesn' t have all the comforts and cushions, but you can sit in it all day if you wanted.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have an Ameristep Grizzly. It' s nice climber, but it' s heavy guage steel. At least it can withhold something like 350 lbs! Like the Hunter' s View Hawk, it too doesn' t have all the bells and whistles like the high end expensive Summit models. I would give anything to own a Summit and kick back and relax in a tree stand all comfy and stuff, but man, the cost of them! [:' (] If I shelled out $399 or more, my wife would kick my a$$!!! []

Butch

Quick Reply: What' s the most economical climber out there? New BowHunter to the Ranks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.