Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 100 lb. pull Bowtech Samson.  WOW! >

100 lb. pull Bowtech Samson. WOW!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

100 lb. pull Bowtech Samson. WOW!

Old 11-01-2003, 09:41 PM

Default RE: 100 lb. pull Bowtech Samson. WOW!

I saw a video with Walter Payton and he was shooting 100# bow with two fingers and that was 12 years ago before they came out with these 75 and 80% letoff
Old 11-03-2003, 09:51 AM

One of the reasons we make the 100# Samson is because before John and I started BowTech, when I started bowhunting no one would make a bow for me at the draw weight I wanted. We only sell them to 100# but my personal bows range from 115# - 148#' s. If you ever shot an animal with this K.E. you' d keep shooting the #' s.[>:]

I shoot a 28.5" ACC 3-71 with a 75 grain Rocket Meteorite expandable, total arrow weight is 425 grains. I just ordered myself some limbs to build a 04' Patriot @ 120# and a set for 130#.

My flight record for Unlimited compound regular flight was set using a 195# bow. Yes, I have shot 115# to 150# for 17 years and as long as I' m able will continue to do so. I do specific exercises for building up the same muscles I use for pulling a bow.

Jack Smith[&:], a friend of mine that moved to Oregon when we moved production there only weighs 150# and could pull 120#. The most I' ve ever pulled was 225#, That was about 8 years ago, I wouldn' t make a habit out of drawing that #, probably couldn' t pull it right now.[:' (]

I don' t pull the weight to brag[X(], I shoot it so I have the confidence in my bow to know if I make a mistake and hit ANY bone I' m going through it. [8D]

Oh, I only hold 18 - 20#' s at full draw, so it' s no more difficult to shoot than any other bow. [8D]
Old 11-03-2003, 10:08 AM

Mr.Bowtech RD.......

Someone will have to ask.....so why not me ???

If you are shooting a 425 grn arrow at 120 # .........that' s like 3.5 grains per pound. I find that interesting.........do you feel like your bows are plenty capable of shooting that light of a grain per pound ? I shoot exactly 5 grains per pound and think this is interesting if they are plenty tough enough to be shot at those kinds of spec' s !!!

Old 11-03-2003, 09:37 PM

Yes, I do enough dry - fire and stress testing to ensure our bows will stand up to the torture that I can put them thru. We don' t recommend that you shoot extremely light arrows.[>:]
But I' m also not going to hold myself liable if something were to happen to my own bow, we are dealing with man-made parts so I' m not saying you should do the same as I do.[:' (]
Old 11-04-2003, 07:32 AM

I understand !!!!

Thanks and I' ll be looking at your new line very seriously this year !!