Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pendulum sights? >

Pendulum sights?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pendulum sights?

Old 10-29-2003, 01:50 PM

Default Pendulum sights?

how does it work its confusin me [>:] are they worth the money
Old 10-29-2003, 02:41 PM

Default RE: Pendulum sights?

Some love them. Some think they are a gimmick that you don' t need. I prefer to keep things simple so I don' t have one.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:54 PM

it is all a matter of preferance! i am not that good at estimating distance so i have used the pendulum for 20 years.if you hunt out of a tree stand,they are great.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:17 PM

6pt, i used to shoot a pendulum sights. i had a keller pendulum first. but it seemed to me that it was to loud. it shook sid to side. i then bought another brand, cna' t remember. and it seemed to stick in place sometimes. i don;t know might just be me, but i keep it simple now. one pin. 0-30 yards.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted with the Keller Pendulum, and don' t remember having any bad experiences with it. I thought it worked great out of a treestand.

When I replaced that bow, I did not transfer the sight because I went with something way too expensive and way to technical which I ended up ebaying off my shelf.

Then I went back to basics with the pins and I am happy with them. Today' s bows are shooting so much faster that one pin will compensate 0-30 yards.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

i had the predator sight on an old pse that i had. it was kind of a pain in the neck to setup, but it worked ok. with my new bow, i went with the HHA optimizer.

some people like pendulums some dont. like loner said, preference is everything. ive spent more money trying what everyone else said was great. some of it was, some wasnt. you will know when you get the " right" sight for you!
Old 10-30-2003, 06:24 AM

I have two keller sights! I love it. I switched cause i have that problem of shooting to high or low from stand. I missed a huge 12pt one year, twice in a row, went high, went low, i was Mad[:@] he was over 25 wide, but not tall. Anyway... i have two keller sights, the first one i bought, had studs break off, but i welded stell rod in place of them, then i melted my screws, cause i didn' t know they were plastic,lol. I bought another, one, the new ones, it had harder studs, but.. i was getting vibrations from the pendulum, so i called and complained, he said all sights come with rubber kit now, to cure the problem, it did too, they sent me one for free, and some screws for my other sight. They were really good to me. Now, i have no problems!!!! oh, after i bought one, i sighted it in from a stand or elevated, then after that, i shot on ground to see what my distance was in lock postion. Then i shot a 11 pointer that year, it had a rough rack though, but still, i was happy. good hunting mike
Old 10-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine(keller) but was wondering if they are still good to use with a new fast bow. I plan on getting a new bow next year and wondered if I' ll be able to keep my sight or use another one.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:13 AM

I' m checking them out on the cabela' s website now--how do they work? What are the benefits???

Old 10-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Spike

I shoot a Savage pendlum and have done well from stand with it. Tonight I sat my ground blind and missed a shot at a doe about 28 yards out. Also inside that blind I realized how LOUD the dang thing is. I am thinking of going back to my Coper John pin sit.

Quick Reply: Pendulum sights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.