Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
was in need of BroadHeads >

was in need of BroadHeads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

was in need of BroadHeads

Old 06-28-2017, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default was in need of BroadHeads

I have a September archery elk hunt. I decided to switch from my standard Muzzies and try out the Slick Trick broadheads. Doesn't pay to go shopping for broadheads. I got them, but ended up walking out with a new bow also. But on the bright side they gave me a new hat to go along with the bow. Hat was free of course I better get that elk now!!!

Old 06-29-2017, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the new toys. I have always heard good things about slicks. I'm sure its like anything else. Put it behind the shoulder and you will do fine
Old 06-29-2017, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

My dad and I both used Slick Trick broadheads and G5 Montech broadheads pretty much exclusively for quite a few years. He used the tricks with most of his traditional bows and with a couple of his compounds. I switch back and forth between the G5's and tricks with my compound. Hogs and deer I use G5's, Elk I use tricks. On elk, I have yet to shoot past 40 yards and have yet to fail passing through. Most have been right around 25-30 yards and they always left a fairly large blood trail and piled up pretty quickly. Don't think I ever trailed one more than 100 yards. Like kellyguinn said, put it behind the shoulder and you will be pleased with the damage and blood trail. By the way, I shoot an old Hoyt Raptor that I bought new I don't remember how many years ago. It's no speed demon. I think I get around 285 maybe a bit more on a fresh string. So you should be more than happy with those trick out of that new Hoyt which I am sure is much faster than my old setup.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:11 AM
Fork Horn

Love my slick tricks. 125 mags serve me well
Old 07-03-2017, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

Lol. What bow did you end up buying?

Did you have to get new accessories too?( sight, rest, stabilizers) that gets even more expensive.