Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Son, finally get his first deer... >

Son, finally get his first deer...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Son, finally get his first deer...

Old 10-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Son, finally get his first deer...

Well saturday started pretty slow but it ended good, my son is 15 and has yet to get one with a bow..
I bought him a new hoyt vortec this year and he has been shooting excellent..
so saturday afternoon my son and i and a few friends were pushing off a few areas like we do in the late morning early afternoon almost every weekend..
I was walking a ridge when i jumped some deer and they actually ran down to my cousins boy who was posting on a bench they saw him and ran up the hill and stopped about 8yds away from my son and he took one right threw the boiler room.
It went about 40 yds. It was a good sized doe and he was just thrilled. I was really happy that he got one because he has missed some in previous years but he has never connected. When I saw my sons face it really made me stop and think about why we are all out here, nothing better than family and friends sharing a hunt....and its especially rewarding when one of the young kids gets one.... thats what makes my day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2003, 08:10 AM

Default RE: Son, finally get his first deer...

The first deer is always the best and you both with charish that day forever.

Tell your son congrats from all of us and let him know we' re also proud of him!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to you and your son, to me the most exciting deer kill in ones life is your kids first! I am envious of you, I will let my twins start hunting next season.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to your son! That' s awesome.

I was also 15 when I shot my first deer (a doe). Afterwords my dad told me " Now all you need to do is get your driver' s license and get laid and you' ll be a man." Hahaha. Ah yes, parenting at it' s finest.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:46 AM

Congratulations on a very sucessful hunt. I' m probably speaking for all of us when I say we' re disapointed that there is no pic. I love to see that smile on a kids face. Please send us a pic....
Old 10-29-2003, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to you and your son! Definately post a pic if you can!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Hope yall share many more!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to both you and your son!! I wish many more to him and you! I can not wait until my two sons are old enough to be able to be able to harvest their own animal. I have taken some friends' kids out for hunts and twice I was privilaged enough to witness their first kill and to see thei happiness and excitment made my entire year, I dont think it gets much better than to see a kid with their first!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Ill try to get some pics up tomorrow....
thanks

Quick Reply: Son, finally get his first deer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.