Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 suggestion: bicycle mirror >

suggestion: bicycle mirror

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

suggestion: bicycle mirror

Old 10-28-2003, 10:20 AM
Spike

Default suggestion: bicycle mirror

Since I' m having no luck finding deer (but can' t get myself to do stop thinking about hunting and do the work I' m supposed to do, so I' m procrastinating until 4pm), I thought I' d share my one grand contribution to hunting technology. To keep that buck from sneaking from behind, buy a $12 bicyclist' s mirror, the kind that they stick on their helmets (not on the handlebars). They' re plastic and ony weigh a couple of ounces. Get one that has a detachable base, then glue the base to the underside of your cap' s brim, either far to the left or right. The mirror is on a little stem that swivels. When you go to hunt, snap the stem into the base, and you can see behind. When you go to the bar later to brag about the deer you missed, if you don' t want to look like a dork, just snap the stem out, pocket the mirror and stem, and all that' s left is a small, flat piece of black plastic under your brim, almost unnoticeable.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2003, 02:08 PM

Default RE: suggestion: bicycle mirror

They have a product out called the " Deerview mirror" it is a small mirror on a bendable arm that clips to your stand.

Looks pretty lame.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:58 PM

LOL...Atlas I was hoping that was a joke, but you were not kidding. I just went to their site to like at this thing and it is beyond funny. They even of TWO whole testimonials for their product. Kahuna you have to go look at this thing. Your idea is alot better than this one. www.deerviewmirror.com
Old 10-28-2003, 03:10 PM

LMAO the testimonials dont even say that it works, it just says it might have worked....
Old 10-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Dominant Buck

I' d get my bow so tangled up in that thing it would probably throw me out of the tree if I tried to shoot.[] And the size of it---Shazaam! As far as the mirror on the hat. With grunt tubes, binos, radio ear piece etc etc etc..... there' s no way I' d get off a shot without the string catching something and propelling my hat, radio, bino and half my face down range.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

You could flash messages with that mirror. Theb eeer might just answer
Old 10-28-2003, 04:57 PM

LOL...that' s a great one. That' s usually something that I would think of after sitting in my stand for 10 hours without seeing anything. The things a guy thinks of while sitting on stand.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:38 PM

you should see their television ads on the outdoor channel.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:42 PM
Spike

Stump MN, you' ve got that right... many strange ideas arise from tree stand psychosis... (Bicycle mirrors are better than imagining just who might be visiting my neglected hunter' s wife during low-light conditions.) But as for reflecting sunlight or getting the mirror caught on something, if you' re in the woods, or with your back to the woods, not much problem with sunlight; if I see sun strike the mirror, I just turn it down; and the mirror stem is only three inches, so it stays mostly under my hat brim, sticking out maybe 1-2 inches. I put it on my left and shoot righthanded. The real advantage is not that you can see that much in one view, but that you can scan behind you with less head movement, never having to turn completely around. The only thing is to make sure its out of your line of sight when you draw your bow, which isn' t hard. Anyway, bicycle mirrors on camo hats, you heard it here first, its my one shot at glory in this, as of yet, empty-freezer October.

Quick Reply: suggestion: bicycle mirror

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.