Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2 cam or not 2 cam? >

2 cam or not 2 cam?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 cam or not 2 cam?

Old 11-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2 cam or not 2 cam?

If we are to use last year' s models as a basis for comparison I would say that the LX has the smoother draw cycle.

The Pat DC had 65% letoff only.

Bowtech' s customer service is top notch. Not only do you have one of their reps as a regular visitor on the various archery forums but you also have their VP in engineering and research contributing from time to time. You could say that a large portion of the 2004 lineup is the result of customer suggestions and comments.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:05 PM

Default RE: 2 cam or not 2 cam?

I guess that I' ll really make some Matthews shooters upset. I agree with oniedaeagle, cam and 1/2. I shot a High Country for several years and decided that I needed a new one this year. Looked all around and went with a Hoyt Razortec. I can' t shoot a " hard" or hatchet cam with the hard break over point due to an old shoulder injury, which the hatchet cams will cause over years of shooting. The cam and 1/2 has stayed in time for almost a year now and has almost no recoil. For me this was a great investment. I had my new one paper tuned and sighted at 20 and 30 yards within 1 hour of first shooting the bow. I can now shoot 4" groups with 6 arrows at 50 yds. The bow is shooting 260fps with a 26 1/2" arrow, set at 62 lbs and a 28" draw. I have shot over 2000 shots through my Razortec and haven' t had any issues other than a little bit of string wear.

This bow has to have some good points because Matthews has spent a fortune trying to slander this bow.

Shoot what ever bow that you are comfortable with. My brother shoots a PSE Stingray. Great bow, but I can' t shoot, see above comment on hatchet cams.