Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Stabilizer

Old 04-12-2017, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default New Stabilizer

I have a Cabela's Credence and was thinking about upgrading the stabilizer from the Octane 5" stabilizer that came with it. Does anyone have any experience with upgrading from this stabilizer and how much of a difference was it? Was it worth it, did it tighten up groups?

Thank You
Old 04-18-2017, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know anything about your specific bow and stabilizer make/model, but I upgraded to a 10" Bee Stinger a couple years ago, and haven't looked back since. I shoot a Mathews MR8, and it had a bad tendency to jump back in my hand on release. With a modular weight system, I was able to add just the right amount of weight to balance the bow and eliminate that recoil. Pin float was drastically reduced, and my 40 yard groups were almost cut in half. My only regret is that I didn't get the 12" model. I was initially concerned about the stabilizer hanging out too far and getting in the way. After 2 full hunting seasons with the 10" model, I can say those fears were completely unfounded.