Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOWFANATIC EATS CROW!!!! >

BOWFANATIC EATS CROW!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWFANATIC EATS CROW!!!!

Old 10-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BOWFANATIC EATS CROW!!!!

Well folks , Saturday evening I had the pleasure of watching my first buck chasing a doe experience of the year. It all started when I noticed a couple deer running around in the canary grass about 75 yards in front of my stand.

At first I thought it was a couple little ones running and jumping around. But when the doe headed into the woods I imediately realized it was an adult deer.

She got about 15 yards into the woods when I seen why she was running. The buck stepped into the woods on her trail and I knew imediately he was a shooter.
She angled her way toward me slowly. He walked around my side to check a scrape line before angling my way and stopping 20 yards away on a creek bottom. Unfortunately he stopped behind a nice tangle of bushes[:' (]

He just stood there watching the does every move as if relying on her instincts for his own safety. I began to get worried when she started stomping her feet with every step. She was now down wind from me and her nose was working the air. I closed my eyes and prayed for the winds to swirl away from her but it did no good. She knew something was wrong and she turned around and trotted the way she came. Obviously , the buck followed her![:' (]

The buck would have beaten my biggest so far of 130 3/8" . He was a 10 pt with huge mass and long tines. As he followed her , it was then that I got a good look at his width. He stuck out a good six inches beyond each ear.

Why did I title this " BOWFANATIC EATS CROW" you ask?

I' ll never waste another dime on scent-lok clothing!!! I' m going back to my old ways of trying to eliminate as much of my odor as possible and covering the rest by storing my hunting clothes with cedar boughs , acorns , leaves , etc. and hunting the wind.

Oh , I' m not done hunting that buck yet! He' s on my mind 24 hours a day and gives me great motivation to crawl out of bed at 4am!
Old 10-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOWFANATIC EATS CROW!!!!

I' ll never waste another dime on scent-lok clothing!!!
Amen to that ! Don' t get me wrong ... I do think it helps a tad. I don' t think it' s worth the hype though.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just try to eliminate scent with scent eliminator, and using natures own cover scent......tree bark, leaves, and so forth...
Old 10-27-2003, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doug.

Sorry to hear your missfortune.

But what does crow really taste like[]
Old 10-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tastes like SH**!
Old 10-28-2003, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tastes like SH**!
Yea and the feathers gag you to boot![] As some others have said scent lok suits help, but is the cost really worth it?
Old 10-28-2003, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome back to " the real world" where hunters are hunters and suckers are suckers.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back to " the real world" where hunters are hunters and suckers are suckers.
Damn it, this is like twice now that wolfen and I totally agree on something[:@][:' (]
Old 10-28-2003, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

silent...hehehehehehehehe!!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:05 AM

Most hunting products attract more hunters than game!

Quick Reply: BOWFANATIC EATS CROW!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.