Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOWFANATIC EATS CROW!!!! >

BOWFANATIC EATS CROW!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWFANATIC EATS CROW!!!!

Old 10-28-2003, 08:20 AM

Default RE: BOWFANATIC EATS CROW!!!!

Bowfanatic:

You do not have to eat Crow and nobody should say " I told you so!" All the pro and con debates that occur here are beneficial for readers to make better decisions. However, in the end, it is a person' s right to use or reject what they choose to use or reject.

In defense of " Scent-Lok," the doe might have detected a scent that was coming off or out of something else, not what might have escaped through the suit.

Personally, I would not pay the cost for the clothing. IMO, what is claimed that the clothing can do e.g., total scent control, is one of the biggest hypes to come down the pike.

Old 10-28-2003, 08:32 AM

Bowfanatic, it seems like you are under the impression that Scent-Lok clothing is a replacement for proper scent control. It isn' t. Any carbon clothing is meant to help with scent control. Maybe it didn' t work. Maybe you got sloppy. Could have been your boots, your bow, or your stand. I am not saying that getting busted wasn' t the fault of your scent-lok clothing. It may well have been. While I was wearing mine I took a great buck less than two weeks ago. The wind was not in my favor.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txbowjunkie

Most hunting products attract more hunters than game!

Definately ! I wonder if I could market a body suit made out of a garbage bag with a camo pattern. Put some elastic on the wrists, neck, ankles and waist.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Definately ! I wonder if I could market a body suit made out of a garbage bag with a camo pattern. Put some elastic on the wrists, neck, ankles and waist.
Jeramy I bet it would contain human scent just as well as a Scentlok suit and cost next to nothing, use it once and throw it away! All you would have to figure out is how to make it quiet and kill the plastic smell!
Old 10-28-2003, 10:59 AM

Damn it, this is like twice now that wolfen and I totally agree on something
Add me to that list today also
Old 10-29-2003, 01:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back to " the real world" where hunters are hunters and suckers are suckers.

Damn it, this is like twice now that wolfen and I totally agree on something

This has got to be a first! I agree with both of you and I' m the one hacking up crow feathers![X(]
Old 10-29-2003, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! [&:]
Old 10-29-2003, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

yea i gotta agree with you guys to.... hey maybe the garbage bag would work, but you would probably sweat like a pig in it... it would be like a sweat suit.....
Old 10-29-2003, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

yea i gotta agree with you guys to.... hey maybe the garbage bag would work, but you would probably sweat like a pig in it... it would be like a sweat suit.....
Hey that could be a selling point for the overweight hunters![]
Old 10-29-2003, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tazman

Hey that could be a selling point for the overweight hunters![]
LOL

Quick Reply: BOWFANATIC EATS CROW!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.