Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ever done this before? >

ever done this before?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ever done this before?

Old 10-27-2003, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default ever done this before?

This year has been not one of my better years hunting. New baby need I say more.
So on with the storie, I went out in the wood behind my house just to sit in a treestand and it was already getting late. I got in the stand and put a dip of Hawken wintergreen in and just watch. When I was closing the can I dropped the whole thing all over the ground. I decided to just wait it out and see what happened about 30 min. later I had more does that i knew were in the area all around my stand. Hell I just waited to see how many would come to see what the smell was and maybe a buck would come up. Well I waited and the buck was a no show. Maybe next time.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:14 PM

Default RE: ever done this before?

I dip Skoal Long Cut Straight. Seems to attract more bucks than does! ;-' )
Old 10-27-2003, 02:14 PM

Default RE: ever done this before?

I decided to buy a can of vanilla skoal for when I am hunting only. I switch back to regular skoal when I am not hunting. Maybe I should just dump the vanilla skoal all over the ground and see what happens.