Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this buck big enough for ya ?? (picture) >

Is this buck big enough for ya ?? (picture)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this buck big enough for ya ?? (picture)

Old 10-28-2003, 08:11 AM

Default RE: Is this buck big enough for ya ?? (picture)

Ditto Wolfen68, Ignorance with a healthy dose of jealousy. Some people can' t stand the fact that someone else may have a chance to take a big buck...so they have to bash ' em....Some people are just negative, about hunting, about life in general....man, it must really suck to live that way

Anyway, those are some great deer, hope you get to bag one of ' em Z, love to see a pic of one on the ground

>>>---DAVIDP---SILERCITY,NC--->
Old 10-28-2003, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wolfen, Tell us how you really feel woud ya. You can' t hold it in like this or you' ll just get ulcers.lol
Old 10-28-2003, 08:36 AM

Nothing wrong with those bucks.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:56 AM

Another picture ... I would not pass this one up. Heavy, not wide, but character ...

Old 10-28-2003, 08:59 AM

typical 12 - younger deer no doubt because of the tine length and mass - and nothing non-typical about the frame. Still, I would not pass him up if I had the chance !

(ps - I really like this embedding a picture feature !)

Old 10-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2003, 10:52 AM

atlasman...you are a friggin' idiot pal!!! I' ve never heard such completely ridiculous statements!
At least your not taking it personal

I count 7 bucks in that first photo with racks that most hunters would consider a once in a lifetime trophy all in the same frame.......no telling how many more bucks are close by and perhaps even in the same field. While it would be great to have one of them on the wall......the sense of accomplishment just can' t be that great when there is one that looks just like him behind every other tree.

Yeah, these bucks, that are in velvet, in the summer, in bachelor groups all stay on the same 1/2 acre piece of ground all through October, and through the rut, and even post-rut, giving the hunter 3 solid months of grocery shopping opportunities for a big buck with daily sightings of 5 or more PY bucks per hunt. Gimme a break!!! Unbelievable! If anything, these hawgs will be much, much more difficult to hunt once the season begins and will most likely disperse to increase their range by frickin' miles and miles!
Then why do so many of us bother with preseason scouting?? What is the point of patterning deer all year long if they just scatter when they see opening day on their little deer calandars??

I guess the whole theory of scouting should be abandoned

They feel the pressure of hunters and " bye bye" they go nocturnal...especially on public ground.
But according to this guy they don' t see much pressure because only a few people get to draw tags and hunt there..............something that makes no sense at all since it is public land and no one can be leaglly kept from hunting there if they choose.

You go ahead and pursue your field of dreams filled with 1.5 year old basket racks because for some reason in your small mind they make a much more difficult trophy to hunt. I' m still amazed by your comments
More difficult then shooting fish in a barrell??? Yup. Take today for example. I was in the woods about a half hour before light and heard some deer making their way down from the field into the woods..........I was eager for the sun to rise that' s for sure. Except when it did I was greeted with 4 different morons fall turkey hunting and of course walking all the time. I heard at least 10 shots......most of which came in 2-3 repeaters so they were shooting at running or flying birds and every deer I saw today (6 doe) were running full speed ahead. What was a promising morning quickly turned to a fiasco. All I' m saying is that hunting deer under conditions like these really makes you appreciate any success you can achieve. I have killed deer on friends property that gaurenteed me I would see 30 deer in a morning sit..........I did, I killed what he wanted me to and went home and cut it up into steaks. Of all the hunts I have ever been on those have been the least memorable........nice piles of meat but did very little to stir feelings of a great hunt IMO.

It really has nothing to do with the size of the racks.........I am a meat hunter first so I shoot first and count points later What I do consider a true trophy is the odd ball in the woods........the freak of the area........an uncommon sight. That is what makes a great rack really cool........telling everyone that you got it in an area that does not produce bucks like that on a daily basis. Showing someone a picture and saying I shot the 5th huge buck from the left just isn' t the same.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

The secon & third pic are in frames. You can clearly see the reflections. Hell I' d mount the damn picture too!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:03 AM

Ditto Wolfen68, Ignorance with a healthy dose of jealousy.
I didn' t realize this board was full of psychiatrists Of course I am jealous you dolt.......the deer are amazing!!! I would love to whack one and have him staring out of my wall at me every morning.......who wouldn' t?? Not really sure why having an opinion makes me ignorant.............just because you disagree with me I guess.

I never said the deer weren' t great.......I just wouldn' t get the same thrill out of killing one of them that had a dozen twin brothers eating the same clover.

Some people can' t stand the fact that someone else may have a chance to take a big buck...so they have to bash ' em....Some people are just negative, about hunting, about life in general....man, it must really suck to live that way
No idea where you came up with that...........it amazes me how people turn what someone actually says into what they would rather hear.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:16 AM

Heres the deal. This place is several thousand acres of public land. Its strictly managed by a resident draw system that allows for bowhunting only to a very few people.
Sorry I just don' t believe that. You mean to tell me that all these bucks are there for the taking on thousands of acres of public land and no one hunts there but select tag holders.......and bow only?? Where is this place?.......dreamland?

How could you possibly manage thousands of acres of land.......being sure that only tag holders hunted it and bow only?? What exactly do they do if someone hunts there with no tag or a gun??

Only a handfull of bucks come off it each year as a result of the strict system. These bucks are 100% wild deer in an area that isn' t really known for large racked bucks.
Who runs this strict system??

So these deer are in a place where small racks are the norm?? and no one even tries to get at these bad boys that are freely open to public hunting??

How is it possible ? Age and nutrition.
Who pays for all the food plots?? Who plants them and takes care of the land?? If it is public land you need permits to clear large areas and plant your fields.

Public land hunting, surrounded by private land that gets hunted hard = smart bucks.
Wait a minute..........Wolfen just said that these bucks will most likely scatter for miles and miles never to be seen together again. If this land is surrounded by private land they will surely all be killed by other landowners right??

These private land owners never venture onto this land pursuing these monsters even though they know it' s public??

This is no gimmee hunting, its an opportunity to hunt in an area that has quality deer as opposed to hunting an area that has probably just as many deer, just not as quality.
Just a suggestion but if the fields are still full of good eating you might wanna hang out there for an afternoon With so few hunters and bow only they should be relatively undisturbed from their normal eating habits and be chowing like maniacs getting fat for the winter...........not sure when the rut is where you are.

Good luck..........they will need it

Quick Reply: Is this buck big enough for ya ?? (picture)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.